ABout Scan keyword

Fabien Bodard
hi Benoit

After some test on the scan keyword, i think i've understand the system

it seem to be one var for one '*' but if you can set the doc of it on the
gambas help site... it can help...

it seem to have a problem...
if i put a form with 2 field one for the string and one for the pattern..
how can i dynamiquely set the number of variable ?

is a string array not be better ?

SCAN MyString WITH MyPattern TO String[]

Then i can test the string.count...
and see if i have result

What is the goal of this keyword... in your mind ?

is it a try to implement regexp as native in gambas like php ?

Re: ABout Scan keyword

Benoît Minisini
On Wednesday 07 September 2005 22:21, Fabien Bodard wrote:

> hi Benoit
>
> After some test on the scan keyword, i think i've understand the system
>
> it seem to be one var for one '*' but if you can set the doc of it on the
> gambas help site... it can help...
>
> it seem to have a problem...
> if i put a form with 2 field one for the string and one for the pattern..
> how can i dynamiquely set the number of variable ?
>
> is a string array not be better ?
>
> SCAN MyString WITH MyPattern TO String[]
>
> Then i can test the string.count...
> and see if i have result
>
> What is the goal of this keyword... in your mind ?
>
> is it a try to implement regexp as native in gambas like php ?
>
> Regards,
> Fabien Bodard

You are right...

I think this keyword will be replaced by a native routine, that will return a
String array. It worked like that when I implemented it first.

This keyword is just a try, so there is no reason to document it immediately.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:[hidden email]