Class HtmlDocument

Hans Lehmann
Hello,

why creates the following source text:

Public Sub btnCreateHTMLDocument_Click()
   Dim hHtmlDocument As HtmlDocument

   hHtmlDocument = New HtmlDocument

*hHtmlDocument.Html5 = False**
*
   Print hHtmlDocument.ToString(True)
   hHtmlDocument.Save(Application.Path &/ "test.html", True)

End

this HTML5 document? I would have expected: strict HTML 1.0!

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
   <title>
   </title>
  </head>

Hans

Re: Class HtmlDocument

adamnt42@gmail.com
On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 11:56:34 +0200
Hans Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> why creates the following source text:
>
> Public Sub btnCreateHTMLDocument_Click()
>    Dim hHtmlDocument As HtmlDocument
>
>    hHtmlDocument = New HtmlDocument

At this point hHtmlDocument.Html5 is false!!

> *hHtmlDocument.Html5 = False**
> *
>    Print hHtmlDocument.ToString(True)
>    hHtmlDocument.Save(Application.Path &/ "test.html", True)
>
> End
>
> this HTML5 document? I would have expected: strict HTML 1.0!
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>   <head>
>    <title>
>    </title>
>   </head>
>
> Hans

So, I guess that you are right. In fact, changing it to True and then back to False seems to have absolutely no effect on the generated html text.
Oh well, back to Adrien for this one I'd say.

B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>

Re: Class HtmlDocument

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Le Tue, 06 Jun 2017 15:50:24 +0200, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 11:56:34 +0200
> Hans Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> why creates the following source text:
>>
>> Public Sub btnCreateHTMLDocument_Click()
>>    Dim hHtmlDocument As HtmlDocument
>>
>>    hHtmlDocument = New HtmlDocument
>
> At this point hHtmlDocument.Html5 is false!!
>

>> *hHtmlDocument.Html5 = False**
>> *
>>    Print hHtmlDocument.ToString(True)
>>    hHtmlDocument.Save(Application.Path &/ "test.html", True)
>>
>> End
>>
>> this HTML5 document? I would have expected: strict HTML 1.0!
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE html>
>>   <head>
>>    <title>
>>    </title>
>>   </head>
>>
>> Hans
>

> So, I guess that you are right. In fact, changing it to True and then
> back to False seems to have absolutely no effect on the generated html
> text.
> Oh well, back to Adrien for this one I'd say.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy and missed your email !

This is indeed a bug in gb.xml.html, I'm looking into fixing it ASAP. :)

Adrien Prokopowicz

Re: Class HtmlDocument

:

> Le Tue, 06 Jun 2017 15:50:24 +0200, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> a écrit:
>
> On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 11:56:34 +0200
>> Hans Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>>
>>> why creates the following source text:
>>>
>>> Public Sub btnCreateHTMLDocument_Click()
>>>    Dim hHtmlDocument As HtmlDocument
>>>
>>>    hHtmlDocument = New HtmlDocument
>>>

>> At this point hHtmlDocument.Html5 is false!!
>>
> I got curious about what Hans had said, and I can confirm that it is true,
and if it is a bug in xml component i dont know.. i think must be search
first and confirme if are in xml or not

>>> *hHtmlDocument.Html5 = False**
>>> *
>>>    Print hHtmlDocument.ToString(True)
>>>    hHtmlDocument.Save(Application.Path &/ "test.html", True)
>>>
>>> End
>>>
>>> this HTML5 document? I would have expected: strict HTML 1.0!
>>>
>>> <!DOCTYPE html>
>>>   <head>
>>>    <title>
>>>    </title>
>>>   </head>
>>>
>>> Hans
>>>

>> So, I guess that you are right. In fact, changing it to True and then
>> back to False seems to have absolutely no effect on the generated html text.
>> Oh well, back to Adrien for this one I'd say.

> Hi guys, sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy and missed your email !
>
> This is indeed a bug in gb.xml.html, I'm looking into fixing it ASAP. :)

> Adrien Prokopowicz

Re: Class HtmlDocument

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Le Thu, 08 Jun 2017 16:02:32 +0200, Adrien Prokopowicz
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

> Le Tue, 06 Jun 2017 15:50:24 +0200, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]> a écrit:
>
>> On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 11:56:34 +0200
>> Hans Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> why creates the following source text:
>>>
>>> Public Sub btnCreateHTMLDocument_Click()
>>>    Dim hHtmlDocument As HtmlDocument
>>>
>>>    hHtmlDocument = New HtmlDocument
>>
>> At this point hHtmlDocument.Html5 is false!!
>>

>>> *hHtmlDocument.Html5 = False**
>>> *
>>>    Print hHtmlDocument.ToString(True)
>>>    hHtmlDocument.Save(Application.Path &/ "test.html", True)
>>>
>>> End
>>>
>>> this HTML5 document? I would have expected: strict HTML 1.0!
>>>
>>> <!DOCTYPE html>
>>>   <head>
>>> />
>>>    <title>
>>>    </title>
>>>   </head>
>>>
>>> Hans
>> So, I guess that you are right. In fact, changing it to True and then
>> back to False seems to have absolutely no effect on the generated html
>> text.
>> Oh well, back to Adrien for this one I'd say.

> Hi guys, sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy and missed your email
> !
>
> This is indeed a bug in gb.xml.html, I'm looking into fixing it ASAP. :)
>
> Regards,

This is now fixed in revision #8148. :)

--
Adrien Prokopowicz