Compile error on Ubuntu Yakkety

Sebastian Kulesz
Hey everyone!

I wanted to report a compilation error i'm getting while trying to compile Gambas trunk on Ubuntu Yakkety. Here [0] is the build log. It fails at the gb.jit component, and i'm not really sure what's triggering the error. I've disabled it for now so that I can get a working build published, now that Ubuntu 16.10 is out.

Sorry for my lateness, but time has been really scarce lately.

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Compile error on Ubuntu Yakkety

Benoît Minisini
Le 14/10/2016 à 06:06, Sebastián Kulesz a écrit :

> Hey everyone!
>
> I wanted to report a compilation error i'm getting while trying to
> compile Gambas trunk on Ubuntu Yakkety. Here [0] is the build log. It
> fails at the gb.jit component, and i'm not really sure what's triggering
> the error. I've disabled it for now so that I can get a working build
> published, now that Ubuntu 16.10 is out.
>
> Sorry for my lateness, but time has been really scarce lately.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> [0] https://launchpadlibrarian.net/289457447/buildlog_ubuntu-yakkety-amd64.gambas3_3.9.90+svn7931+build1~ubuntu16.10.1_BUILDING.txt.gz

Indeed. Fabien reported the same problem a few weeks ago.

The gb.jit component does not compile anymore with new versions of gcc,
whose C++ is now less tolerant apparently. The default C++ norm has
changed, but I'm not sure if the problem is exactly there.

I hate more and more that language. :-(

Re: Compile error on Ubuntu Yakkety

Emil Lenngren

Seems to be problems with casting c math functions to function pointer due to different overloads in c++...
I cast directly to void*. Maybe the problem is solved if first cast to the correct function pointer type. I want the C math functions and not any c++ overload.

/Emil