Console limit

nando-7
Benoit,

I use the console as a 'real-time' debugging screen.
Is there a limit to the number of characters or lines?
I have PRINTed for over a week at a time, but get concerned
with the program halting because of unknown limits.

-Fernando

Re: Console limit

Benoît Minisini
On Tuesday 13 September 2005 19:13, nando wrote:

> Benoit,
>
> I use the console as a 'real-time' debugging screen.
> Is there a limit to the number of characters or lines?
> I have PRINTed for over a week at a time, but get concerned
> with the program halting because of unknown limits.
>
> -Fernando

At the moment, the IDE console is a TextArea control. There is normally no
limit, but the control is slower and slower when lines are inserted in it.

Note that you don't have to use the IDE to run your program. You can use a
shell to launch it and redirect the output to a file.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:[hidden email]