Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Gianluigi
A friend of ours with Arch Linux Gnome shell can not start with a double
click the .gambas projects.

If he using terminal "gbr3 xxx.gambas" the project opens.

Does anyone know how to do?

Regards
Gianluigi

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Fabien Bodard-4
hum ... seem to be a right problem or a conf problem in the shell.

is
$ ./xxx.gambas

Working ?

> A friend of ours with Arch Linux Gnome shell can not start with a double
> click the .gambas projects.
>
> If he using terminal "gbr3 xxx.gambas" the project opens.
>
> Does anyone know how to do?
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Gianluigi
Thank you, let you know

> hum ... seem to be a right problem or a conf problem in the shell.
>
> is
> $ ./xxx.gambas
>
> Working ?

> > A friend of ours with Arch Linux Gnome shell can not start with a double
> > click the .gambas projects.
> >
> > If he using terminal "gbr3 xxx.gambas" the project opens.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to do?
> >
> > Regards
> > Gianluigi

> Fabien Bodard

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Gianluigi
Hi Fabien,

Yes, with '$ ./xxx.gambas', his project works

Regards
Gianluigi

> hum ... seem to be a right problem or a conf problem in the shell.
>
> is
> $ ./xxx.gambas
>
> Working ?

> > A friend of ours with Arch Linux Gnome shell can not start with a double
> > click the .gambas projects.
> >
> > If he using terminal "gbr3 xxx.gambas" the project opens.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to do?
> >
> > Regards
> > Gianluigi

> Fabien Bodard

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Fabien Bodard-4
so it's a problem from gnome shell that don't launch directly an
executable or something that looklike to a script.

can he try to launch a gnome app by the same way... like gedit but
directly by the executable in /usr/bin

> Hi Fabien,
>
> Yes, with '$ ./xxx.gambas', his project works
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

>> hum ... seem to be a right problem or a conf problem in the shell.
>>
>> is
>> $ ./xxx.gambas
>>
>> Working ?

>> > A friend of ours with Arch Linux Gnome shell can not start with a double
>> > click the .gambas projects.
>> >
>> > If he using terminal "gbr3 xxx.gambas" the project opens.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know how to do?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Gianluigi
>>

>> --
>> Fabien Bodard

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Gianluigi
Hi Fabien,

while we wait for the answer, I forgot to say that the file association is
"octet-stream" instead of "application/x-gambas3"

Regards
Gianluigi

> so it's a problem from gnome shell that don't launch directly an
> executable or something that looklike to a script.
>
> can he try to launch a gnome app by the same way... like gedit but
> directly by the executable in /usr/bin

> > Hi Fabien,
> >
> > Yes, with '$ ./xxx.gambas', his project works
> >
> > Regards
> > Gianluigi

> >> hum ... seem to be a right problem or a conf problem in the shell.
> >>
> >> is
> >> $ ./xxx.gambas
> >>
> >> Working ?

> double

> >> --
> >> Fabien Bodard

> Fabien Bodard

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Fabien Bodard-4
this is a begining of answer... change the file association.
Nevertheless normally without this it must run... it is an executable
(script) with a magic header #

> Hi Fabien,
>
> while we wait for the answer, I forgot to say that the file association is
> "octet-stream" instead of "application/x-gambas3"
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

>> so it's a problem from gnome shell that don't launch directly an
>> executable or something that looklike to a script.
>>
>> can he try to launch a gnome app by the same way... like gedit but
>> directly by the executable in /usr/bin

>> > Hi Fabien,
>> >
>> > Yes, with '$ ./xxx.gambas', his project works
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Gianluigi

>> double

>> --
>> Fabien Bodard

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Gianluigi
Hi Fabien,
:-)
but the problem is this, can someone explain step by step how to do?

Regards

Gianluigi

> this is a begining of answer... change the file association.
> Nevertheless normally without this it must run... it is an executable
> (script) with a magic header #

> > Hi Fabien,
> >
> > while we wait for the answer, I forgot to say that the file association
> is
> > "octet-stream" instead of "application/x-gambas3"
> >
> > Regards
> > Gianluigi

> >> so it's a problem from gnome shell that don't launch directly an
> >> executable or something that looklike to a script.
> >>
> >> can he try to launch a gnome app by the same way... like gedit but
> >> directly by the executable in /usr/bin

> >> double

> >> --
> >> Fabien Bodard

> Fabien Bodard

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Gianluigi
Hi Fabien,

you're right, he tried to make an executable bash script, but it does not
open by double click.
So the problem is not Gambas, any other suggestions to change the file
association?

Regards
Gianluigi

> this is a begining of answer... change the file association.
> Nevertheless normally without this it must run... it is an executable
> (script) with a magic header #

> > Hi Fabien,
> >
> > while we wait for the answer, I forgot to say that the file association
> is
> > "octet-stream" instead of "application/x-gambas3"
> >
> > Regards
> > Gianluigi

> >> so it's a problem from gnome shell that don't launch directly an
> >> executable or something that looklike to a script.
> >>
> >> can he try to launch a gnome app by the same way... like gedit but
> >> directly by the executable in /usr/bin

> >> double

> >> --
> >> Fabien Bodard

> Fabien Bodard

Re: Double Click not open Gambas project in Gnome shell

Fabien Bodard-4
I don't really know GnomeShell. But i think there is an option
somewhere that allow or not to execute an executable script from the
navigator.

But I leave this work to you :-)