Gambas Website Mockups

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
32 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
(Re-sending because attached files were too big for Sourceforge)

Hi everyone,

As you may know, Benoît asked at the beginning of the month if some people
could think about redesigning the Gambas website.

As i have some spare time, I started to play with it for a few days, and
here is a first version ! (Sources attached)

Of course, the design is not final, and all the text is basically
placeholder (except maybe for the menus). It is also not yet responsive.

So, as usual, I'd like some feedback to improve it ! :)

Regards,
--
Adrien Prokopowicz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user

gambas-website-v1.tar.gz (428K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 17:15:31 +0200, Adrien Prokopowicz  
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

> (Re-sending because attached files were too big for Sourceforge)
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you may know, Benoît asked at the beginning of the month if some  
> people
> could think about redesigning the Gambas website.
>
> As i have some spare time, I started to play with it for a few days, and
> here is a first version ! (Sources attached)
>
> Of course, the design is not final, and all the text is basically
> placeholder (except maybe for the menus). It is also not yet responsive.
>
> So, as usual, I'd like some feedback to improve it ! :)
>
> Regards,
And here is a screenshot if you want a quick look at it.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user

gambas-website-v1.png (244K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Benoît Minisini
Le 22/08/2015 17:22, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :

> Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 17:15:31 +0200, Adrien Prokopowicz
> <[hidden email]> a écrit:
>
>> (Re-sending because attached files were too big for Sourceforge)
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> As you may know, Benoît asked at the beginning of the month if some
>> people
>> could think about redesigning the Gambas website.
>>
>> As i have some spare time, I started to play with it for a few days, and
>> here is a first version ! (Sources attached)
>>
>> Of course, the design is not final, and all the text is basically
>> placeholder (except maybe for the menus). It is also not yet responsive.
>>
>> So, as usual, I'd like some feedback to improve it ! :)
>>
>> Regards,
>
> And here is a screenshot if you want a quick look at it.
>

Great! It is possible to have a version without one pixel frames and
borders? :-)

--
Benoît Minisini

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Tobias Boege-2
In reply to this post by Adrien Prokopowicz-2
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, Adrien Prokopowicz wrote:

> (Re-sending because attached files were too big for Sourceforge)
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you may know, Beno??t asked at the beginning of the month if some people
> could think about redesigning the Gambas website.
>
> As i have some spare time, I started to play with it for a few days, and
> here is a first version ! (Sources attached)
>
> Of course, the design is not final, and all the text is basically
> placeholder (except maybe for the menus). It is also not yet responsive.
>
> So, as usual, I'd like some feedback to improve it ! :)
>

I'll be sending it to the German Gambas forum and redirect feedback.

I personally like how it looks and behaves in a graphical browser. The
menus are even at the right place when opening the site in `links'. Let's
keep this bit that way.

Maybe the "Developers" and "Support Gambas" link sections should also move
to the top bar... A link to the source code repository is always good to
have in a prominent place. Same goes for the donation and bug tracker links
there.

Regards,
Tobi

--
"There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" -- Mr. Monk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
In reply to this post by Benoît Minisini
Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 17:28:03 +0200, Benoît Minisini  
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

> Le 22/08/2015 17:22, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :
>> Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 17:15:31 +0200, Adrien Prokopowicz
>> <[hidden email]> a écrit:
>>
>>> (Re-sending because attached files were too big for Sourceforge)
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> As you may know, Benoît asked at the beginning of the month if some
>>> people
>>> could think about redesigning the Gambas website.
>>>
>>> As i have some spare time, I started to play with it for a few days,  
>>> and
>>> here is a first version ! (Sources attached)
>>>
>>> Of course, the design is not final, and all the text is basically
>>> placeholder (except maybe for the menus). It is also not yet  
>>> responsive.
>>>
>>> So, as usual, I'd like some feedback to improve it ! :)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>
>> And here is a screenshot if you want a quick look at it.
>>
>
> Great! It is possible to have a version without one pixel frames and
> borders? :-)
>

Here is an alternative version.

I had to keep the borders between the articles, and add a background,
because everything floating around without borders looks really weird.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Moviga Technologies
In reply to this post by Adrien Prokopowicz-2
 

It looks nice! Glad to see that you are using HTML5. Could you also
implement mediaqueries to allow for mobile browsing, i.e. responsive
layout?

Charset should be utf-8, and not utf8. You shoul also include a lang
attribute to the html-tag <html lang="en">
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Tobias Boege-2
In reply to this post by Adrien Prokopowicz-2
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, Adrien Prokopowicz wrote:
> > Great! It is possible to have a version without one pixel frames and
> > borders? :-)
> >
>
> Here is an alternative version.
>

Where? :-)

--
"There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" -- Mr. Monk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 19:18:09 +0200, Tobias Boege <[hidden email]> a  
écrit:

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, Adrien Prokopowicz wrote:
>> > Great! It is possible to have a version without one pixel frames and
>> > borders? :-)
>> >
>>
>> Here is an alternative version.
>>
>
> Where? :-)
>
I was actually foreseeing the future, predicting that a screenshot will
come to you soon.
People saying I forgot to attach the file just don't want to acknowledge
my powers.

(Anyway, here it is).

--
Adrien Prokopowicz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user

gambas-website-v1-noborder.png (209K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
In reply to this post by Tobias Boege-2
Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 17:27:21 +0200, Tobias Boege <[hidden email]> a  
écrit:
>
> I personally like how it looks and behaves in a graphical browser. The
> menus are even at the right place when opening the site in `links'. Let's
> keep this bit that way.

There are a few semantic problems here and there though (like the articles
author/date being before the actual article). But I will fix these.

> Maybe the "Developers" and "Support Gambas" link sections should also  
> move
> to the top bar... A link to the source code repository is always good to
> have in a prominent place. Same goes for the donation and bug tracker  
> links
> there.

The problem is the navbar is pretty much full horizontally, and these items
don't fit in any existing category.

I don't think making a link to the source code very visible is actually
interesting, because most of the users don't care about it.

The same thing applies to the bug tracker and the donation link, but
to a lesser extent (a big part of the users don't care, but we do !).
So I think they could get copied to the presentation paragraph.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
In reply to this post by Moviga Technologies
Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 19:03:01 +0200, Moviga Technologies  
<[hidden email]> a écrit:
>
> It looks nice! Glad to see that you are using HTML5. Could you also
> implement mediaqueries to allow for mobile browsing, i.e. responsive
> layout?
>
> Charset should be utf-8, and not utf8. You shoul also include a lang
> attribute to the html-tag <html lang="en"

As I said in my message, this is just a quick mockup, to agree on a
style/design. But the final website will be fully responsive and
properly tagged of course. :)

--
Adrien Prokopowicz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Moviga Technologies
 

:)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Fabien Bodard-4
The logo must be on the nav bar and the color maybe less "flashy", the
same colors but more sweet... it hurt a little bit my eyes....

2015-08-22 19:51 GMT+02:00 Moviga Technologies <[hidden email]>:
>
>
> :)
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Gambas-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user



--
Fabien Bodard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Moviga Technologies
 
Why "must" it be on the navbar?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 22:26:34 +0200, Moviga Technologies  
<[hidden email]> a écrit:
> Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 20:21:26 +0200, Fabien Bodard <[hidden email]>  
> a écrit:
>>
>> The logo must be on the nav bar and the color maybe less "flashy", the
>> same colors but more sweet... it hurt a little bit my eyes....
>>
>
> Why "must" it be on the navbar?

I think he meant it should be *over* the navbar, so maybe like this  
(attached) ?

(I also unflashified the orange backgrounds a little bit, although I think
it depends on the screen too.)


--
Adrien Prokopowicz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user

gambas-website-v2.png (225K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Moviga Technologies
 

Makes more sence :)

Now the logo is covering the menu though.

What browser are you using? The latest headings and text are not aligned
with you. They are however here in Chrome...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Le Sun, 23 Aug 2015 01:16:34 +0200, Moviga Technologies  
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

>
> Makes more sence :)
>
> Now the logo is covering the menu though.
>
> What browser are you using? The latest headings and text are not aligned
> with you. They are however here in Chrome...

But the logo covering it was the point, right ?
(Note that the actual link is not covered, only the background, see the
attached screenshot).

I am using Firefox 40 as my main browser and Chromium 44 for testing.
But I changed the alignment when removing the borders, and I didn't update
the archive since, so that may be why we have different results. :)


--
Adrien Prokopowicz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user

linkover.png (44K) Download Attachment
gambas-website-v2.tar.gz (428K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Jussi Lahtinen
In reply to this post by Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Maybe the orange could be just bit less saturated from the original,
instead of darker.


Jussi

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 1:15 AM, Adrien Prokopowicz <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 22:26:34 +0200, Moviga Technologies <[hidden email]>
> a écrit:
>
>> Le Sat, 22 Aug 2015 20:21:26 +0200, Fabien Bodard <[hidden email]>
>> a écrit:
>>
>>>
>>> The logo must be on the nav bar and the color maybe less "flashy", the
>>> same colors but more sweet... it hurt a little bit my eyes....
>>>
>>>
>> Why "must" it be on the navbar?
>>
>
> I think he meant it should be *over* the navbar, so maybe like this
> (attached) ?
>
> (I also unflashified the orange backgrounds a little bit, although I think
> it depends on the screen too.)
>
>
> --
> Adrien Prokopowicz
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gambas-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Le Sun, 23 Aug 2015 03:04:13 +0200, Jussi Lahtinen  
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

> Maybe the orange could be just bit less saturated from the original,
> instead of darker.
>
>
> Jussi
>
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 1:15 AM, Adrien Prokopowicz <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>
>> I think he meant it should be *over* the navbar, so maybe like this
>> (attached) ?
>>
>> (I also unflashified the orange backgrounds a little bit, although I  
>> think
>> it depends on the screen too.)
>>
The problem with desaturating is that it makes colors quickly become faded,
and not looking good behind white text (especially on flat design).
See by yourself on the attached screenshot.

The only problem with the darker background is that the dark links in the
footer  don't render well on it, but I can fix that easily.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user

gambas-website-v2-faded.png (178K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

Jussi Lahtinen
> The problem with desaturating is that it makes colors quickly become faded,
> and not looking good behind white text (especially on flat design).
> See by yourself on the attached screenshot.
>

I think it looks good, but it's just one opinion.


Jussi
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Gambas Website Mockups

kevinfishburne
On 08/22/2015 10:22 PM, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
>> The problem with desaturating is that it makes colors quickly become faded,
>> and not looking good behind white text (especially on flat design).
>> See by yourself on the attached screenshot.
>>
> I think it looks good, but it's just one opinion.

Well, there's always this as a reference:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=641&q=miami+marlins+colors&oq=miami+marlins+colors&gs_l=img.3..0l2j0i30j0i8i30j0i24.894.4320.0.4499.20.15.0.4.4.0.193.1007.12j2.14.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..2.18.1033.T8epfPu1fqw#safe=off&hl=en&tbm=isch&q=%22miami+marlins%22+official+colors

Striking similarity between the Gambas and Marlins colors, and both have
aquatic mascots. Biggest difference is Gambas consistently has a winning
record, while the Marlins are consistently under .500.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues
www: http://sales.eightvirtues.com
e-mail: [hidden email]
phone: (770) 853-6271


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
12
Loading...