Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Benoît Minisini
Here:

http://gambas.sf.net/install/gambas3-installer-test.run

You can download a self-extracting test installer.

It will install nothing, but display a window that should show the
current desktop and the system distribution.

Can people test it on system having no KDE desktop at all?

It only provides a x86_64 installer. Can people test it on x86 system to
see if they get the "unsupported architecture" error message on the
command line?

The goal is to replace this test window by a full installer that will:

1) Install the required binary package according to the detected
distribution.

-> That means I have to know the command to install a binary package for
each distribution.

-> That means I have to know if I have to use sudo (Ubuntu...) or su
(Mandriva...).

-> It will be possible to install the needed GUI components according to
the desktop in use.

-> It will be possible to install extra packages repositories (for
example, Ubuntu PPA for Gambas) if needed, or asked by the user.

-> ...and all you can imagine useful.

Of course, if all required binary packages are already installed, no
root password and nothing else will be asked the user.

2) Install the Gambas program locally (in the user directory) or
globally (in /usr/bin).

3) Install the menu icon, the mime types, and all you find useful.

Nothing is done, so please give your comments, ideas, and all the
information I need about the different distributions (RedHat, Debian,
ArchLinux, Mandriva...)

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Kendek
Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:35:32 +0200 -n
Benoît Minisini <[hidden email]> írta:

> Here:
>
> http://gambas.sf.net/install/gambas3-installer-test.run
>
> You can download a self-extracting test installer.
>
> It will install nothing, but display a window that should show the
> current desktop and the system distribution.
>
> Can people test it on system having no KDE desktop at all?
>
> It only provides a x86_64 installer. Can people test it on x86 system
> to see if they get the "unsupported architecture" error message on
> the command line?
>
> The goal is to replace this test window by a full installer that will:
>
> 1) Install the required binary package according to the detected
> distribution.
>
> -> That means I have to know the command to install a binary package
> for each distribution.
>
> -> That means I have to know if I have to use sudo (Ubuntu...) or su
> (Mandriva...).
>
> -> It will be possible to install the needed GUI components according
> to the desktop in use.
>
> -> It will be possible to install extra packages repositories (for
> example, Ubuntu PPA for Gambas) if needed, or asked by the user.
>
> -> ...and all you can imagine useful.
>
> Of course, if all required binary packages are already installed, no
> root password and nothing else will be asked the user.
>
> 2) Install the Gambas program locally (in the user directory) or
> globally (in /usr/bin).
>
> 3) Install the menu icon, the mime types, and all you find useful.
>
> Nothing is done, so please give your comments, ideas, and all the
> information I need about the different distributions (RedHat, Debian,
> ArchLinux, Mandriva...)
>
> Regards,

I get this error message:

An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: gambas.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /install/gambas3-installer-test.run
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 404
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2013-10-26 20:46:34 UTC (1382820394)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a
project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be
reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to
SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of
the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7,
above): Contact the project via their designated support resources.
Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the
upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their
usernames) at [hidden email]

If you are a maintainer of this web content, please refer to the Site
Documentation regarding web services for further assistance.

NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by
default. This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file
with the name ".htaccess" with this line:

Options +Indexes

Le 26/10/2013 22:47, Kende Krisztián a écrit :

> I get this error message:

Sorry, the good link is:

http://gambas.sf.net/installer/gambas3-installer-test.run

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Kendek
> Can people test it on system having no KDE desktop at all?

Works on Ubuntu 13.10 with GNOME+Unity.

> It only provides a x86_64 installer. Can people test it on x86 system
> to see if they get the "unsupported architecture" error message on
> the command line?

I get this error message on Ubuntu Live (i386).

> The goal is to replace this test window by a full installer that will:
>
> 1) Install the required binary package according to the detected
> distribution.
>
> -> That means I have to know the command to install a binary package
> for each distribution.

Yeah, this will be the hard part.

> -> That means I have to know if I have to use sudo (Ubuntu...) or su
> (Mandriva...).

Check username with "$USER", and if output is not "root", exit with
error message.

> -> It will be possible to install the needed GUI components according
> to the desktop in use.
>
> -> It will be possible to install extra packages repositories (for
> example, Ubuntu PPA for Gambas) if needed, or asked by the user.
>
> -> ...and all you can imagine useful.
>
> Of course, if all required binary packages are already installed, no
> root password and nothing else will be asked the user.
>
> 2) Install the Gambas program locally (in the user directory) or
> globally (in /usr/bin).

But how to update the installed program? Like Windows? I like the
repositories.

> 3) Install the menu icon, the mime types, and all you find useful.

This is good. But how to revoke this changes? The package manager does
not see these.

> Nothing is done, so please give your comments, ideas, and all the
> information I need about the different distributions (RedHat, Debian,
> ArchLinux, Mandriva...)

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Jussi Lahtinen
~/Desktop$ ./gambas3-installer-test.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Gambas installer test....................
STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz4621
PATH=/tmp/selfgz4621/x86_64/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/selfgz4621/lib:

Then error message, see screenshot.

@ Xubuntu 13.04 64bit

Jussi

Screenshot - 27.10.2013 - 01.02.57.png (21K) Download Attachment

Le 27/10/2013 00:04, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :

> ~/Desktop$ ./gambas3-installer-test.run
> Verifying archive integrity... All good.
> Uncompressing Gambas installer test....................
> STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz4621
> PATH=/tmp/selfgz4621/x86_64/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/selfgz4621/lib:
>

> Then error message, see screenshot.
>

> @ Xubuntu 13.04 64bit
>

> Jussi

I have fixed the package, you can download and test it again.

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Jussi Lahtinen
Now it seems to work. Displayed information was correct.
This was the output to console:

$ ./gambas3-installer-test.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Gambas installer test.....................
STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz6148
PATH=/tmp/selfgz6148/x86_64/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/selfgz6148/lib:

Jussi

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Benoît Minisini <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 27/10/2013 00:04, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
>
>  ~/Desktop$ ./gambas3-installer-test.run
>> Verifying archive integrity... All good.
>> Uncompressing Gambas installer test....................
>> STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz4621
>> PATH=/tmp/selfgz4621/x86_64/**bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/**
>> usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:**/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:**
>> /usr/games:/usr/local/games
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/**selfgz4621/lib:
>>

>> Then error message, see screenshot.
>>

>> @ Xubuntu 13.04 64bit
>>

>> Jussi
>>

> I have fixed the package, you can download and test it again.

> Benoît Minisini

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Fabien Bodard-4
I can't get it ... it seem the link is dead.

2013/10/27 Jussi Lahtinen <[hidden email]>

> Now it seems to work. Displayed information was correct.
> This was the output to console:
>
> $ ./gambas3-installer-test.run
> Verifying archive integrity... All good.
> Uncompressing Gambas installer test.....................
> STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz6148
>
> PATH=/tmp/selfgz6148/x86_64/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/selfgz6148/lib:
>

> Jussi
>

> On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Benoît Minisini <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Le 27/10/2013 00:04, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> >
> >  ~/Desktop$ ./gambas3-installer-test.run
> >> Verifying archive integrity... All good.
> >> Uncompressing Gambas installer test....................
> >> STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz4621
> >> PATH=/tmp/selfgz4621/x86_64/**bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/**
> >> usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:**/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:**
> >> /usr/games:/usr/local/games
> >> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/**selfgz4621/lib:
> >>

> >> Then error message, see screenshot.
> >>

> >> @ Xubuntu 13.04 64bit
> >>

> >> Jussi
> >>

> > I have fixed the package, you can download and test it again.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Benoît Minisini

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Karl Reinl

@Scenic:~$ ./gambas3-installer-test.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Gambas installer test....................
STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz3304
Unsupported architecture: i686

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.0.0-32-generic
Architecture=x86
Distribution=Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
Desktop=GNOME
Theme=QPlastique
Language=de_DE.UTF-8
Memory=3026M
[Libraries]
Cairo=libcairo.so.2.10800.10
Curl=libcurl.so.4.1.1
DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.4.0
GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.24.1
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2000.1
Poppler=libpoppler.so.5.0.0
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.6.2
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3

Le 27/10/2013 10:47, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
> I can't get it ... it seem the link is dead.

It works there.

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Fabien Bodard-4
well charlie send me the archive... it work fine on my kde/arch system

2013/10/27 Benoît Minisini <[hidden email]>

> Le 27/10/2013 10:47, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
> > I can't get it ... it seem the link is dead.
> >

> It works there.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (2)

Fabien Bodard-4
1. Server: gambas.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /install/gambas3-installer-test.run
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 404
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2013-10-27 15:07:07 UTC (1382886427)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Can people test it on system having no KDE desktop at all?

Sorry, I'm a bit late on this - who could have known that such big threads
start exactly when I am just two days away from my computer? :-)

I'm running Arch Linux with a Trinity desktop on x86_64. (IIRC, I have
gb.desktop patched on my local machine to recognise TDE as some KDE variant
because almost nothing in gb.desktop works without this change - again only
IIRC.) Does the installer contain a vanilla gb.desktop or does it use a
custom method to detect the desktop? I'm just asking because the installer
gives me:

Desktop: ?

with this stuff left in the terminal:

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Gambas installer test.....................
STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz2392024612
PATH=/tmp/selfgz2392024612/x86_64/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl:/opt/qt3/bin:/usr/lib/qt4/bin:/opt/trinity/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/selfgz2392024612/lib: