Gambas self-extracting installer (3)

Benoît Minisini
I just have another idea:

To make a GUI self-extracting installer, I have put in the
self-extracting archive all the Qt4 shared libraries, all Qt4 gui
components and the related components.

Why not instead use the gb.httpd embedded http server, and make the
installer a web application run through a web browser pointing at localhost?

What do you think about that? I will try to make a demo as soon as
possible...

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (3)

Kendek
> I just have another idea:
>
> To make a GUI self-extracting installer, I have put in the
> self-extracting archive all the Qt4 shared libraries, all Qt4 gui
> components and the related components.

Yeah, this is a fully portable installer. But why just the installer?
Ubuntu Click packages are fully portable. :-)

Le 26/10/2013 23:50, Kende Krisztián a écrit :
>> I just have another idea:
>>
>> To make a GUI self-extracting installer, I have put in the
>> self-extracting archive all the Qt4 shared libraries, all Qt4 gui
>> components and the related components.
>
> Yeah, this is a fully portable installer. But why just the installer?
> Ubuntu Click packages are fully portable. :-)

What's that?

Le 27/10/2013 00:42, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> Le 26/10/2013 23:50, Kende Krisztián a écrit :
>>> I just have another idea:
>>>
>>> To make a GUI self-extracting installer, I have put in the
>>> self-extracting archive all the Qt4 shared libraries, all Qt4 gui
>>> components and the related components.
>>
>> Yeah, this is a fully portable installer. But why just the installer?
>> Ubuntu Click packages are fully portable. :-)
>>

> What's that?

Mmm, seems to be an Ubuntu specific thing. Not useful at all...

Re: Gambas self-extracting installer (3)

Dimitris Anogiatis
Hey Benoit,

When I try the self extracting executable on my laptop it gives me the
following error message:

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Gambas installer test.....................
STARTDIR=/tmp/selfgz25001
Unsupported architecture: i686

Architecture: x86
GUI component: GTK+
Desktop used: MATE 1.6.0

uname -a gives me the following results:
Linux LapDOS3 3.10-0.bpo.3-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.10.11-1~bpo70+1
(2013-09-24) i686 GNU/Linux

What might I be doing wrong?
Dimitris