Getting the 'name' property

Vinians
Hi all, anyone can help-me how to get the 'name' of an object?
see this code:

FUNCTION GetNamofControls(hObject AS Object) AS String[]

   DIM hControl AS Control
   DIM iNumTabs AS Integer
   DIM i AS Integer
   DIM sNames AS String
   sNames = ""
   FOR EACH hControl IN hObject.Children
      IF Object.Class(hControl) = "TextBox" OR Object.Class(hControl) = "ComboBox" OR Object.Class(hControl) =
"TextArea" THEN
         sNames = sNames & Object.GetProperty(hControl, "name") & " "  <--------- if was  'text' or other this
code work!
      ENDIF
      IF Object.Class(hControl) = "TabStrip" THEN
         iNumTabs = Object.GetProperty(hControl, "Count")
         FOR i = 0 TO iNumTabs - 1
            Object.SetProperty(hControl, "Index", i)
            sNames = sNames & GetaNomeControles(hControl).Join(" ") & " "
         NEXT
         Object.SetProperty(hControl, "Index", 0)
      ENDIF
   NEXT
   RETURN Split(sNames, " ")
END

This code should function,  but I get the 'Property Name does not exists' please I need help pleae!

Re: Getting the 'name' property

Rob Kudla
On Mon October 10 2005 08:17, vinians wrote:
> Hi all, anyone can help-me how to get the 'name' of an object?

The names of symbols aren't retained by the Gambas compilation process
for some reason.  You have to stick everything you want to use to
identify an object in its Tag property or something like that.

Rob

Re: Getting the 'name' property

Vinians
> On Mon October 10 2005 08:17, vinians wrote:
> > Hi all, anyone can help-me how to get the 'name' of an object?
>
> The names of symbols aren't retained by the Gambas compilation process
> for some reason.  You have to stick everything you want to use to
> identify an object in its Tag property or something like that.
>
> Rob

Thank you very much...
to Benoit : please include the 'name' property on the next version of Gambas! I love this languagem and I need
to get the 'name' property ;)

Re: Getting the 'name' property

Benoît Minisini
On Tuesday 11 October 2005 14:58, vinians wrote:

> [...]

The problem is that this 'name' property eats a lot of memory for a feature
that don't concern all the objects created by the language, and that is
mainly used for implementing features that can be done in other ways.

But I will see if I can do something like that in another way, only for the
Controls...

Benoit Minisini

Re: Re: Getting the 'name' property

danielcampos
Hi:

I can not help you directly, however:

http://forum.wordreference.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

I've found a lot of answers in the spanish/english forum, and I suppose the french/english forum can help you about that.

Regards,

D. Campos

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 € TTC/min)