Quantcast

Graphics programming help

Leon Davis
I've programmed in Microsoft VB since v3.0 and am now using gambas v3.9.2.
When I initially created the project I selected "Graphical application".I
am creating a image display app and have two quick questions please:

1. How do I have my program register itself with the OS?

2. I want to create transitions between images i.e., fades, wipes, blinds
in, spiral out.

If someone can point me in the right direction it will be greatly
appreciated.

Re: Graphics programming help

T Lee Davidson
On 04/23/2017 03:59 PM, Leon Davis wrote:

> 1. How do I have my program register itself with the OS?

That depends on the Desktop Environment you use. Here is a link for KDE:
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/autorun

> 2. I want to create transitions between images i.e., fades, wipes, blinds
> in, spiral out.

I don't do much at all with graphics. But perhaps this might get you started:
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.image.effect/image

--
Lee

Re: Graphics programming help

Fabien Bodard-4
> On 04/23/2017 03:59 PM, Leon Davis wrote:
>>
>> 1. How do I have my program register itself with the OS?
>
> That depends on the Desktop Environment you use. Here is a link for KDE:
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/autorun
I think you are talking about distributing your software ? ... Take a
look at package tool

>> 2. I want to create transitions between images i.e., fades, wipes, blinds
>> in, spiral out.

There is not dynamic tool for images transition.. maybe in the future
... if someone does it.