(Main) Form won't close - how to tell the user why

bb

(Main) Form won't close - how to tell the user why

bb
I have a main form that has a lot of ways that the user can start other processes from, some with wait and some without.
When they attempt to close the main form, the event loop won't terminate. Which is proper. However, I need to be able to tell the user to close the "such and such window". How can I find out which process is blocking the end of the event loop?

regards

B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>

Re: (Main) Form won't close - how to tell the user why

gambas-user mailing list
Le 20/06/2017 à 07:44, [hidden email] a écrit :
> I have a main form that has a lot of ways that the user can start
> other processes from, some with wait and some without. When they
> attempt to close the main form, the event loop won't terminate. Which
> is proper. However, I need to be able to tell the user to close the
> "such and such window". How can I find out which process is blocking
> the end of the event loop?
>
> regards b

You must keep the handles of your processes and check their status yourself.

Re: (Main) Form won't close - how to tell the user why

adamnt42@gmail.com wrote
When they attempt to close the main form, the event loop won't terminate. Which is proper. However, I need to be able to tell the user to close the "such and such window". How can I find out which process is blocking the end of the event loop?
You could try hiding the Main form and only closing it when the user closes the other forms. Have a look at the attached program.

GUITest.tar

Check out www.gambas.one

bb

Re: (Main) Form won't close - how to tell the user why

bb

--
B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>