Making menu shortcuts visible

ukimiku
This post was updated on .
I am preparing a menu using the in-built menu editor.

Unfortunately, while the menu text entries show up properly, the keyboard shortcuts that I assigned to them do not. And they do not work: when I press, for instance, "Crtl-Q", the program does not quit altough I assigned "Crtl-Q" to my quit menu entry. When I select that entry with the mouse, though, it works. The menu handlers, of course, are in place.

After a suggestion in a German forum, I tried to programmatically assign shortcuts via
mQuit.ShortCut = "Ctrl+Q"
but to no avail.

I then tried to change the type of keys (to function keys F1 to F12), which didn't work either. Is this a real bug or only inexperience on my side?

How can I a) make visible and b) activate the keyboard shortcuts?

Link 1: Screenshot of menu in IDE - with keyboard shortcuts visible
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq9q1scnu9p9urb/Gambas%20Men%C3%BCs-Tastenk%C3%BCrzel%20in%20IDE%20sichtbar.png
Link 2: Screenshot of menu in running program - keyboard shortcuts eliminated:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m2qs50t8nr19jm/Gambas%20Men%C3%BCs-Tastenk%C3%BCrzel%20in%20laufendem%20Programm%20unsichtbar.png

Thank you.

Regards,
ukimiku
I don’t care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

Re: Making menu shortcuts visible

ukimiku
I have not yet been able to solve this problem. Has anybody had the same problem?
Thank you.

Regards,
ukimiku
I don’t care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

Re: Making menu shortcuts visible

Benoît Minisini
Le 28/11/2013 16:21, ukimiku a écrit :
> I have not yet been able to solve this problem. Has anybody had the same
> problem?
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> ukimiku

No problem there.

Can you provide a little project that reproduces the bug, and give all
needed information about your system? ('?' menu in the IDE, then click
on 'System information').

Re: Making menu shortcuts visible

ukimiku
This post was updated on .