New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

Jorge Carrión
Hi
I've upload to Gambas Farm a new control that I called hGrid (the "h" of
"Height" and yes, I know that h usually means "handle" but I'm lack of
imagination, I'm afraid)

Its a control that inherits of GridView with a new boolean property
"wordWrap". If it is setted to True, the wordWrap property of cells its set
to true too and the height of the rows is fitted to show all the cell
contents.

I hope it'll be usefull for someone.

Best Regards

hGrid.png (55K) Download Attachment

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

Michael Layland
Thank you!   This was something on my 'Wish List'  :-)

Michael

On 03/16/2017 03:55 AM, Jorge Carrión wrote:

> Hi
> I've upload to Gambas Farm a new control that I called hGrid (the "h" of
> "Height" and yes, I know that h usually means "handle" but I'm lack of
> imagination, I'm afraid)
>
> Its a control that inherits of GridView with a new boolean property
> "wordWrap". If it is setted to True, the wordWrap property of cells its set
> to true too and the height of the rows is fitted to show all the cell
> contents.
>
> I hope it'll be usefull for someone.
>

> ​
>
> Best Regards

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

Rolf-Werner Eilert-2
Am 16.03.2017 08:55, schrieb Jorge Carrión:
> Hi
> I've upload to Gambas Farm a new control that I called hGrid (the "h" of
> "Height" and yes, I know that h usually means "handle" but I'm lack of
> imagination, I'm afraid)

Why not calling it "wwGridView" or "WWgridview" or "GridVieWW"?

> Its a control that inherits of GridView with a new boolean property
> "wordWrap". If it is setted to True, the wordWrap property of cells its set
> to true too and the height of the rows is fitted to show all the cell
> contents.
>
> I hope it'll be usefull for someone.

Oh yes! Great thing! I would love it, and I have instantly ideas where
to use it.

Regards
Rolf

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

Gianluigi
Very well, thank you

Gianluigi

> Hi
> I've upload to Gambas Farm a new control that I called hGrid (the "h" of
> "Height" and yes, I know that h usually means "handle" but I'm lack of
> imagination, I'm afraid)
>
> Its a control that inherits of GridView with a new boolean property
> "wordWrap". If it is setted to True, the wordWrap property of cells its set
> to true too and the height of the rows is fitted to show all the cell
> contents.
>
> I hope it'll be usefull for someone.
>

> ​
>
> Best Regards

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

very usefully

> Why not calling it "wwGridView" or "WWgridview" or "GridVieWW"?

umm WW as mean WorldWar? jajajaja

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

Rolf-Werner Eilert-2
Am 16.03.2017 08:55, schrieb Jorge Carrión:

> Hi
> I've upload to Gambas Farm a new control that I called hGrid (the "h" of
> "Height" and yes, I know that h usually means "handle" but I'm lack of
> imagination, I'm afraid)
>
> Its a control that inherits of GridView with a new boolean property
> "wordWrap". If it is setted to True, the wordWrap property of cells its set
> to true too and the height of the rows is fitted to show all the cell
> contents.
>
> I hope it'll be usefull for someone.

Ok, tested it :) Runs very well, BUT:

When dragging one of the Columns to the left, the column doesn't stay
under the mouse pointer. Somehow, the position is counted wrong, and
after dragging forth and back a bit, the cursor is here and the column
is there...

Hope you can reproduce and fix this ;)

Regards
Rolf

Am 16.03.2017 12:57, schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
> very usefully
>

>> Why not calling it "wwGridView" or "WWgridview" or "GridVieWW"?
>>

> umm WW as mean WorldWar? jajajaja

WorldWrap :)))

Rolf

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

Jorge Carrión
mmm... maybe wordWrapGrid?
A little long, but there is not confusing about it is.

I think I'll change it in Fam.

Thank you Rolf.

> Am 16.03.2017 08:55, schrieb Jorge Carrión:
> > Hi
> > I've upload to Gambas Farm a new control that I called hGrid (the "h" of
> > "Height" and yes, I know that h usually means "handle" but I'm lack of
> > imagination, I'm afraid)
>
> Why not calling it "wwGridView" or "WWgridview" or "GridVieWW"?
>

> > Its a control that inherits of GridView with a new boolean property
> > "wordWrap". If it is setted to True, the wordWrap property of cells its
> set
> > to true too and the height of the rows is fitted to show all the cell
> > contents.
> >
> > I hope it'll be usefull for someone.
>
> Oh yes! Great thing! I would love it, and I have instantly ideas where
> to use it.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

Jorge Carrión
It isn't a bug is the expected behaviour for the example. I set the .expand
property of columns to true, so they change it's width at Form's resize
If you doesn' like that behaviour, comment this lines in Test.Class

For n = 0 To wordWrapGrid1.Columns.Max
    wordWrapGrid1.Columns[n].Expand = True
Next

Then the width of columns is "static" and remains under the mouse pointer.

Best Regards.

> Am 16.03.2017 08:55, schrieb Jorge Carrión:
> > Hi
> > I've upload to Gambas Farm a new control that I called hGrid (the "h" of
> > "Height" and yes, I know that h usually means "handle" but I'm lack of
> > imagination, I'm afraid)
> >
> > Its a control that inherits of GridView with a new boolean property
> > "wordWrap". If it is setted to True, the wordWrap property of cells its
> set
> > to true too and the height of the rows is fitted to show all the cell
> > contents.
> >
> > I hope it'll be usefull for someone.
> >

> Ok, tested it :) Runs very well, BUT:
>
> When dragging one of the Columns to the left, the column doesn't stay
> under the mouse pointer. Somehow, the position is counted wrong, and
> after dragging forth and back a bit, the cursor is here and the column
> is there...
>
> Hope you can reproduce and fix this ;)
>
> Regards
> Rolf

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

> Am 16.03.2017 12:57, schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
>> umm WW as mean WorldWar? jajajaja
>
> WorldWrap :)))

or WonderfullyWidecolumnGrid umm too large name... but sound awesome ^_^

> Rolf

Re: New in Gambas Farm: A gridview with automatic row height

Rolf-Werner Eilert-2
Ah, I understand! It's like with Gambas: It's not a bug, it's a feature :)

Thanks for the hint. When I apply it next time, I will try both versions.

Rolf