OT: Is this junk or really a sourforge mail?

OT: Is this junk or really a sourforge mail?

Rolf-Werner Eilert-2
This morning, I got a mail asking for confirmation of my mailing list
accounts with sourceforge.

They have never ever done this before, so I am somewhat sceptical if
this might be just a junk mail and I will start receiving tons of spams
over that account.

This is the mail, I cut the personal part out:

Hi,

Thanks for being a SourceForge user. Our records indicate that you are
subscribed to the following project mailing lists:

     gambas-user
     ltsp-discuss

We are contacting you to confirm you are still interested in receiving
emails from these SourceForge project lists.  If you do not confirm your
subscriptions by June 29th, you will be unsubscribed from the above
mailing lists.

Please click here to confirm your subscriptions:

https://sourceforge.net/mailman/reconfirm?confirm=........

Thanks,
The SourceForge Team
A Slashdot Media Company

Thanks for your advice.

Regards
Rolf

Re: OT: Is this junk or really a sourforge mail?

Tobias Boege-2
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> This morning, I got a mail asking for confirmation of my mailing list
> accounts with sourceforge.
>
> They have never ever done this before, so I am somewhat sceptical if this
> might be just a junk mail and I will start receiving tons of spams over that
> account.

It seems to have been announced here: https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-project-e-mail-policy-update/

Re: OT: Is this junk or really a sourforge mail?

Gianluigi
I replied that I only want Gambas's mail and that's enough.

Regards
Gianluigi

Am 12.06.2017 09:13, schrieb Tobias Boege:

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2017, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> This morning, I got a mail asking for confirmation of my mailing list
>> accounts with sourceforge.
>>
>> They have never ever done this before, so I am somewhat sceptical if this
>> might be just a junk mail and I will start receiving tons of spams over that
>> account.
>>

> It seems to have been announced here: https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-project-e-mail-policy-update/

Oh, I see, thank you for the link!

Regards
Rolf

Re: OT: Is this junk or really a sourforge mail?

Rolf-Werner Eilert-2
Ok, thank you for the tip!

Regards
Rolf