Playing ".swf" files- can play OK in browser but will not open with webviewer in gambas on one PC but works OK on another!

Playing ".swf" files- can play OK in browser but will not open with webviewer in gambas on one PC but works OK on another!

Phil D
Hi!

Im making a user interface, and have a flash animation in part of it.

I am developing the code on 2 computers: one is a slimmed down PC which will run the interface in the end, this is running linux mint 18. The other<http://aka.ms/weboutlook> other is a windows PC running Gambas OS2 under oracle VM virtualbox. (Both running Gambas 3.7.1)

I have the gambas code working nicely on the windows computer, and the swf animation file loads into the webviewer and plays without problems. On the other computer however the code runs without error, but the animation does not show. The computer will open swf files fine, but it seems like gambas is not able to open it.

Is there some way to tell gambas how to open these files, some way of fixing an association?

(My linux skills are a little limited so please dont spare the detail!)

Many thanks,

Phil

Re: Playing ".swf" files- can play OK in browser but will not open with webviewer in gambas on one PC but works OK on another!

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
the capability of playing flash relies on the webkit interface of gui so
seems the loading of the swf can be overlaping by the html5 implementation
if you are using qt4 vs qt5 ..

so gambas list will be need more information of your system like version of
qt and what qt version (4 or 5) are using the interface and also if the
webkit are in use

> Hi!
>

> Im making a user interface, and have a flash animation in part of it.
>

> I am developing the code on 2 computers: one is a slimmed down PC which
> will run the interface in the end, this is running linux mint 18. The other<
> http://aka.ms/weboutlook> other is a windows PC running Gambas OS2 under
> oracle VM virtualbox. (Both running Gambas 3.7.1)
>

> I have the gambas code working nicely on the windows computer, and the swf
> animation file loads into the webviewer and plays without problems. On the
> other computer however the code runs without error, but the animation does
> not show. The computer will open swf files fine, but it seems like gambas
> is not able to open it.
>

> Is there some way to tell gambas how to open these files, some way of
> fixing an association?
>

> (My linux skills are a little limited so please dont spare the detail!)
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Phil

Re: Playing ".swf" files- can play OK in browser but will not open with webviewer in gambas on one PC but works OK on another!

Phil D
Hi Piccoro,

Many thanks for the speedy reply.

The project currently uses the following components:

gb

gb.form

gb.image

gb.net

gb.qt4

gb.qt4.ext

gb.qt4.ext

gb.qt4.webkit

gb.vb

Regards,

Phil

________________________________
the capability of playing flash relies on the webkit interface of gui so
seems the loading of the swf can be overlaping by the html5 implementation
if you are using qt4 vs qt5 ..

so gambas list will be need more information of your system like version of
qt and what qt version (4 or 5) are using the interface and also if the
webkit are in use

[http://www4.clustrmaps.com/counter/index2.php?url=http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com]<http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com/>

McKAY brothers, multimedia emulation and support<http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com/>
qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
This documentation has two parts, and overall ODBC documentation and a specific Devuan ODBC documentation. The firs part are provided due most administrators and ...

> Hi!
>

> Im making a user interface, and have a flash animation in part of it.
>

> I am developing the code on 2 computers: one is a slimmed down PC which
> will run the interface in the end, this is running linux mint 18. The other<
> http://aka.ms/weboutlook> other is a windows PC running Gambas OS2 under
[http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/img/Outlook_Facebook_Icon-2927f4df28.jpg]<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Check out Outlook.com – free, personal email from Microsoft.<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>
aka.ms
Take your email anywhere you go when you add your free, personal, Outlook.com webmail to your Android, iPhone, or Windows mobile devices. Send and receive messages with mobile mail from Outlook.com

> oracle VM virtualbox. (Both running Gambas 3.7.1)
>

> I have the gambas code working nicely on the windows computer, and the swf
> animation file loads into the webviewer and plays without problems. On the
> other computer however the code runs without error, but the animation does
> not show. The computer will open swf files fine, but it seems like gambas
> is not able to open it.
>

> Is there some way to tell gambas how to open these files, some way of
> fixing an association?
>

> (My linux skills are a little limited so please dont spare the detail!)
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Phil
lists.sourceforge.net
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Gambas-user Archives. Using Gambas-user: To post a message to all the list members ...

lists.sourceforge.net
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Gambas-user Archives. Using Gambas-user: To post a message to all the list members ...

Re: Playing ".swf" files- can play OK in browser but will not open with webviewer in gambas on one PC but works OK on another!

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
as i told you, u are using webkit and this relies on the support of the qt
installed

so in any case play and use swf files are a guindows only related
implementation..

i recomende that make more deep learn on linux and change the adobe
terrific iplementation