Pre-release of Gambas 3.10.0

12

Re: Pre-release of Gambas 3.10.0

gambas-user mailing list
Le 19/07/2017 à 17:01, Sebastián Kulesz a écrit :

> Hi Benoît,
>
> I wanted to ask you what were the component changes since the last release.
> I am on an exchange in Germany and couldn't really follow the progress on
> this development cycle.
> Specifically, any added or removed components. And any changes of
> dependencies. With that information, and as soon as I have time, I will
> update the PPAs.
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian

Mmm... I can tell you the new components:

- gb.term : written in C, depends only on the libc.

- gb.term.form : written in Gambas, depends on gb.term (because of
Fabien's mistake, the dependency is missing. It is fixed in revision
#8165, and I will regenerate a source package).

- gb.web.feed : written in Gambas, depends on gb.xml.

Anyway you have to check the dependencies of the binary packages with
the component tables on that page: http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/package

It lists all dependencies dynamically from the component information
files, so it is up to date.

For dependencies on system libraries, I have updated the Ubuntu
installation page: http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/ubuntu

AFAIK, the only boring dependency is "postgresql-server-dev-X.Y",
because there is the version inside the package name, so you have to
change the package according to the Ubuntu version.

Re: Pre-release of Gambas 3.10.0

Fabien Bodard-4
Le 22 juil. 2017 03:56, "Benoît Minisini via Gambas-user" <
[hidden email]> a écrit :

Le 19/07/2017 à 17:01, Sebastián Kulesz a écrit :

> Hi Benoît,
>
> I wanted to ask you what were the component changes since the last release.
> I am on an exchange in Germany and couldn't really follow the progress on
> this development cycle.
> Specifically, any added or removed components. And any changes of
> dependencies. With that information, and as soon as I have time, I will
> update the PPAs.
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian

Mmm... I can tell you the new components:

- gb.term : written in C, depends only on the libc.

- gb.term.form : written in Gambas, depends on gb.term (because of Fabien's
mistake, the dependency is missing. It is fixed in revision #8165, and I
will regenerate a source package).

I'm not sure this component is ready to do something interesting for the
time. Maybe I can work on it on hollidays.

- gb.web.feed : written in Gambas, depends on gb.xml.

Anyway you have to check the dependencies of the binary packages with the
component tables on that page: http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/package

It lists all dependencies dynamically from the component information files,
so it is up to date.

For dependencies on system libraries, I have updated the Ubuntu
installation page: http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/ubuntu

AFAIK, the only boring dependency is "postgresql-server-dev-X.Y", because
there is the version inside the package name, so you have to change the
package according to the Ubuntu version.

Re: Pre-release of Gambas 3.10.0

Christof Thalhofer
Am 20.07.2017 um 22:49 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:

> I will try it out at the weekend ... then I have time.

I just tested Gambas daily, it does some weird thing with indentation in
the editor of the IDE when a string before an "If" goes over more than
one line.

I have installed:

3.9.90+svn8165+build3~ubuntu16.04.1

Attached there is a piece of code copied out of the editor. If you look at

"If msg Then"

This If has not the right indentation.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur

gambas-8165-weird-intendation.txt (390 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Pre-release of Gambas 3.10.0

Christof Thalhofer
Am 20.07.2017 um 22:49 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:

> I will try it out at the weekend ... then I have time.

Next problem I found:

I have a query against a Postgresql function which returns the
postgresql type "date".

   datum
-----------
 2012-10-01
 2012-11-01

If I query this in Gambas3 through a connection to the database and
iterate through the result:

For Each res
  str &= res!datum & gb.lf
Next
print str

In Gambas 3.9.99 I get:

10/01/2012 02:00:00
11/01/2012 02:00:00

In Gambas 3.9 stable I got:

10/01/2012
11/01/2012

(All my statistics with gnuplot are fucked up now ...)
(Yes I know, I should have to format the date)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur

Le 22/07/2017 à 10:38, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :

> Am 20.07.2017 um 22:49 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:
>
>> I will try it out at the weekend ... then I have time.
>
> I just tested Gambas daily, it does some weird thing with indentation in
> the editor of the IDE when a string before an "If" goes over more than
> one line.
>
> I have installed:
>
> 3.9.90+svn8165+build3~ubuntu16.04.1
>
> Attached there is a piece of code copied out of the editor. If you look at
>
> "If msg Then"
>
> This If has not the right indentation.
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

That bug should have been fixed in revision #8166.

Le 22/07/2017 à 11:07, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :

> Am 20.07.2017 um 22:49 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:
>
>> I will try it out at the weekend ... then I have time.
>
> Next problem I found:
>
> I have a query against a Postgresql function which returns the
> postgresql type "date".
>
>     datum
> -----------
>   2012-10-01
>   2012-11-01
>
> If I query this in Gambas3 through a connection to the database and
> iterate through the result:
>
> For Each res
>    str &= res!datum & gb.lf
> Next
> print str
>
> In Gambas 3.9.99 I get:
>
> 10/01/2012 02:00:00
> 11/01/2012 02:00:00
>
> In Gambas 3.9 stable I got:
>
> 10/01/2012
> 11/01/2012
>
> (All my statistics with gnuplot are fucked up now ...)
> (Yes I know, I should have to format the date)
>

> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

This is not a bug, this is a fix. The bug is in the behaviour of Gambas
3.9 whose CStr() function - which is implicitely used in the line "str
&= res!datum & gb.lf" - was incorrectly converting using localization,
whereas CStr() must not be localization-aware (i.e. it must use UTC).

So the interpreter gets the date field contents from the database driver
as a string.

Then is assumes that string to be a local date, and converts it accordingly.

Then CStr() converts that date back to a string, displaying it in UTC
timezone (hence your two hours shift).

The actual problem is in the database drivers that always assume that
dates stored in the database are local dates.

If your database dates are UTC (which should have been the default since
the beginning, but fixing that would break the backward-compatibility),
you have to write that:

MyDate = CDate(res!datum + System.TimeZone / 86400)

or

MyDate = Date.ToUTC(res!datum)

if you use the gb.util component from the latest revision.

Am 22.07.2017 um 15:59 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

>> This If has not the right indentation.

> That bug should have been fixed in revision #8166.

Ok, thanks!

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--