Quantcast

Report Designer

Ignatius Syofian
Hi, all

Thanks for help me being new gambas programmner, so much flexible and more
easier than VB in windows.

But i have something to ask again, i hope someone will help me.
1. Any linux Software (GPL license, i hope) in Report Designer for Gambas.
   and how to link to gambas, maybe it's also it homepage, where i can get it.

2. how can i know, who is connected to mysql.
    i use this for knowing, if someone connected, before i shutdown mysql.
    what the best way :
        - i do it at mysql query ?
        - or i do it in gambas ?

3. can i have a sample for reading ini file like system.ini or myprog.ini

   in myprog.ini have line like this

   [setting]
   mydoc=/usr/share/mydoc
   mybranch=1

   than i want to read myprog.ini to automatic read in gambas, like branch
automatic will be set to 1 --> read mybranch in [setting]

and location of doc automatic in /usr/share/mydoc  -> read from mydoc in
[setting]

  if someone can give me a sample or url, where i can get that sample

Thanks before,
this is my first exprience in GPL and i think this is a best place to open
source code in programming

Ignatius

Re: Report Designer

Fabien Bodard

actually kugar... laurus is a good exemple to how use it (http://laurux.fr)

> 2. how can i know, who is connected to mysql.
>     i use this for knowing, if someone connected, before i shutdown mysql.
>     what the best way :
>         - i do it at mysql query ?
>         - or i do it in gambas ?

it seem to be a mysql spécific feature so i think sql is the better way.
use the connection.exec function

> 3. can i have a sample for reading ini file like system.ini or myprog.ini

the gambas ide :)
use the setting class it's really powerfull

it work like :

'Set or create
Setting["mykey"] = "result"

'Deleting
Setting["mykey"] = Null

'Get
myVar = Setting["mykey"]

But i'm not sur.. i need to re-read the doc :)

>    in myprog.ini have line like this
>
>    [setting]
>    mydoc=/usr/share/mydoc
>    mybranch=1
>
>    than i want to read myprog.ini to automatic read in gambas, like branch
> automatic will be set to 1 --> read mybranch in [setting]
>
> and location of doc automatic in /usr/share/mydoc  -> read from mydoc in
> [setting]
>
>   if someone can give me a sample or url, where i can get that sample
>
> Thanks before,
> this is my first exprience in GPL and i think this is a best place to open
> source code in programming
>
> Ignatius

Fabien