Report

Ignatius Syofian
Hi, all

The sample report i found in gambas itself, it written to html file.
i just want to know, it is same as html tag code ? and can i design in
OpenOffice first ? or how can i define the position of printing field ?

Right now i already create some of report in DBReportDesigner and view it in
DBReportViewer. Much helper, and i like it, only have some trouble..maybe i
don't know how to use it.

but sometime, i have report that you can't changed in source.
I means, at example in gambas, the source for report, written in source
itself. DBReportDesigner will create xml file,that i can modify with vi.
Like report in some critical report, that i dont want user change it format or
result.

If i dont  miss,  last day someone told me it write report with Print object,
can i have a little sample code ?

Thanks anyway

Ignatius

RE: Report

werner 007
Hi Ignatius

You could use Html-Templates, wich you can edit with vi or better with a
Html-Editor.
The template has placeholders for your data. Then you work in gambas source,
in short: you a template and replace the placeholder with data. As example
for a table: open recordset and a template for row, loop trough records and
add the template with placeholders replaced to variable. At the end you add
the needed stuff bevore and at the end, save or show it in a output-area.
Voila

Sample-template for rows:
style="fore-color:green">%%Col-two%%</td></tr>