Runtime Libraries in Gambas 3.9.2

bill-lancaster
Have just upgraded my Gambas to 3.9.2 from a much earlier v3.
The way libraries are managed has changed and I don't quite understand how the the arrangement works.
Can someone point me to some help on this matter?
Thanks

Re: Runtime Libraries in Gambas 3.9.2

Christof Thalhofer
Am 16.02.2017 um 13:24 schrieb bill-lancaster:

> Have just upgraded my Gambas to 3.9.2 from a much earlier v3.
> The way libraries are managed has changed and I don't quite understand how
> the the arrangement works.
> Can someone point me to some help on this matter?

I fear there is none. If you create and use own libs you have to
distinguish between development and production.

Development:

At development time a lib has to be defined as such (type "library" in
the project dialog) and "vendor" has also to be defined with an unique
name. If you compile the project, the IDE places the lib in

~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/[vendor]/

say ...

~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/yourname/

And all other projects can use the libs residing in
~/.local/share/gambas3/lib

Production:

If you create a installation package from a library project and install
it on any system with Gambas3 on it (even your development system), the
libs will be installed in

/usr/lib/gambas3/yourname

A project which depends on a lib will search for it there.

The naming of the lib is always like that:
yourlib:1.4.gambas

Which includes the version string, so that different versions of libs
can reside together in the lib directory.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur

Re: Runtime Libraries in Gambas 3.9.2

Christof Thalhofer
I forgot something:

Am 16.02.2017 um 18:01 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:

> Development:
>
> At development time a lib has to be defined as such (type "library" in
> the project dialog) and "vendor" has also to be defined with an unique
> name. If you compile the project, the IDE places the lib in
>
> ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/[vendor]/
>
> say ...
>
> ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib/yourname/
>
> And all other projects can use the libs residing in
> ~/.local/share/gambas3/lib
In the other projects you can define the lib they should use in the
project dialog [Ctrl-P]. In the libraries tab there you can choose which
lib has to be included.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur

Re: Runtime Libraries in Gambas 3.9.2

bill-lancaster
Alles Gute indeed!
Thanks Christof.  The addition of the vendor info made all the difference.