Software farm difference between download and install

Software farm difference between download and install

Gianluigi
I apologize if is already been asked, I did not find the answer.
I not known differences between download and install in Software farm.
There are?

Regards
Gianluigi

Re: Software farm difference between download and install

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
download will only put the code at the location in home..

install added some extra steps and put by example a menu desktop entry

> I apologize if is already been asked, I did not find the answer.
> I not known differences between download and install in Software farm.
> There are?
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

Re: Software farm difference between download and install

Gianluigi
Does not look like this here
Both installed and downloaded projects are displayed in the Installed
Software menu.
Same thing for menu Examples

> download will only put the code at the location in home..
>
> install added some extra steps and put by example a menu desktop entry
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > I apologize if is already been asked, I did not find the answer.
> > I not known differences between download and install in Software farm.
> > There are?
> >
> > Regards
> > Gianluigi

Re: Software farm difference between download and install

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
umm quite xtrange.. so then both are the same? i dont think so..

download will download event if requirements are not fit, install will
check requirements.. that its a process that are diferents.. for sure..
lest try

> Does not look like this here
> Both installed and downloaded projects are displayed in the Installed
> Software menu.
> Same thing for menu Examples

> > download will only put the code at the location in home..
> >
> > install added some extra steps and put by example a menu desktop entry
> >
> > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > > I apologize if is already been asked, I did not find the answer.
> > > I not known differences between download and install in Software farm.
> > > There are?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Gianluigi

Re: Software farm difference between download and install

jsbsan
Piccoro:

When you install, you may have problems due to lack of components (for
example gb.qt5) and it does not finish installing or downloading.

When downloading, it does not give problems by components, only you
download the source code.

Regards

Julio

> umm quite xtrange.. so then both are the same? i dont think so..
>
> download will download event if requirements are not fit, install will
> check requirements.. that its a process that are diferents.. for sure..
> lest try
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > Does not look like this here
> > Both installed and downloaded projects are displayed in the Installed
> > Software menu.
> > Same thing for menu Examples

> > > download will only put the code at the location in home..
> > >
> > > install added some extra steps and put by example a menu desktop entry
> > >
> > > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> farm.

Re: Software farm difference between download and install

Gianluigi
Hi Julio,
thank you very much for the explanations.
Finally I understood the difference.

Regards
Gianluigi

> Piccoro:
>
> When you install, you may have problems due to lack of components (for
> example gb.qt5) and it does not finish installing or downloading.
>
> When downloading, it does not give problems by components, only you
> download the source code.
>
> Regards
>
> Julio

> > umm quite xtrange.. so then both are the same? i dont think so..
> >
> > download will download event if requirements are not fit, install will
> > check requirements.. that its a process that are diferents.. for sure..
> > lest try
> >
> > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > > Does not look like this here
> > > Both installed and downloaded projects are displayed in the Installed
> > > Software menu.
> > > Same thing for menu Examples

> >:

> entry

> > farm.

Re: Software farm difference between download and install

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
Thanks Julio, i post that but mail arrives after you