Some questions about gb.chart

ingo
Hi all.
gb.chart is a nice and small alternative to draw charts without use the paint class. So far so good.
But unfortunately the documentation gives little to no information about gb.chart.

My questions therefore refer to the pie-type but should concern to all charttypes:
BackGround
How can i set the Background color? I tried Chart.BackGround = Color.Black but nothing happens.

Picture
The same with picture. Chart.Picture = Picture["icon:/medium/add"] gives always NULL in the Chart-properties.

Labels
Is it possible to show the values instead the Header-Values?

Size of the pie
Is it possible to modify the pie-size? The pie always looks very small within the drawing Area.

Thank you.
Ingo

Re: Some questions about gb.chart

ingo wrote
Hi all.
gb.chart is a nice and small alternative to draw charts without use the paint class. So far so good.
But unfortunately the documentation gives little to no information about gb.chart.
Have you taken a look at the ChartExample I put in the 'Examples' section on the Gambas Farm?

Check out www.gambas.one

Re: Some questions about gb.chart

ingo
Hi Charlie,
yes I did. That's a very good example on which I have oriented.

But my questions are not answered by the example. Or did I miss something?

Regards
Ingo

Re: Some questions about gb.chart

ingo
Ok,
one question is answered.
In the sourcecode of gb.charts (3.10) I found:

Private Function Picture_Read() As Picture

End

Private Sub Picture_Write(Value As Picture)

End

So picture is not supported yet.

Regards
Ingo

Re: Some questions about gb.chart

ingo wrote
BackGround
How can i set the Background color? I tried Chart.BackGround = Color.Black but nothing happens.
It seams that you can't change the background of a 'pie' chart, lines are OK.

ingo wrote
Picture
The same with picture. Chart.Picture = Picture["icon:/medium/add"] gives always NULL in the Chart-properties.
I tried Chart.Picture = Picture.Load("icon:/medium/add") but that didn't work either.

ingo wrote
Labels
Is it possible to show the values instead the Header-Values?
Seems that you can only write Headers.

ingo wrote
Size of the pie
Is it possible to modify the pie-size? The pie always looks very small within the drawing Area.
I can't find away to do this either.

Sorry. Not very helpful.

Check out www.gambas.one

Re: Some questions about gb.chart

ingo
Hi Charlie,
thanks for your investigation.
Then we must have patience.
What I find out about the size of a pie is that it depends on the Chart.Title.Font-size.

Two more questions. Do you know what means 'DataOrientation' and what is the hidden property 'Chart._fProportionnal'?

Regards
Ingo