System.Language (gb)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

System.Language (gb)

adamnt42@gmail.com
Static Property Language As String

Returns or sets the current language setting.

But which one?  LANG? LC_ALL? LANGUAGE? ...

My problem is that most of my ENV localisations are set to
"en_AU.UTF-8", the UTF-8 bit is supposed to be ignored but it
isn't somewhere and so the translation doesn't get done.

b

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: System.Language (gb)

Tobias Boege-2
On Tue, 04 Jul 2017, bb wrote:
> Static Property Language As String
>
> Returns or sets the current language setting.
>
> But which one?  LANG? LC_ALL? LANGUAGE? ...
>

According to source code it returns:

  1. LC_ALL if that's non-empty, next
  2. LANG if that's non-empty, or otherwise
  3. en_US.

Regards,
Tobi

--
"There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" -- Mr. Monk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: System.Language (gb)

adamnt42@gmail.com
On 04/07/17 07:13, Tobias Boege wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Jul 2017, bb wrote:
>> >Static Property Language As String
>> >
>> >Returns or sets the current language setting.
>> >
>> >But which one?  LANG? LC_ALL? LANGUAGE? ...
>> >
> According to source code it returns:
>
>    1. LC_ALL if that's non-empty, next
>    2. LANG if that's non-empty, or otherwise
>    3. en_US.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Thanks Tobi,

( I looked but couldn't find it in main ???)

WIki updated.

Any comment on the UTF-8 bit?

b

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: System.Language (gb)

Tobias Boege-2
On Tue, 04 Jul 2017, bb wrote:

> On 04/07/17 07:13, Tobias Boege wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 Jul 2017, bb wrote:
> > > >Static Property Language As String
> > > >
> > > >Returns or sets the current language setting.
> > > >
> > > >But which one?  LANG? LC_ALL? LANGUAGE? ...
> > > >
> > According to source code it returns:
> >
> >    1. LC_ALL if that's non-empty, next
> >    2. LANG if that's non-empty, or otherwise
> >    3. en_US.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
>
> Thanks Tobi,
>
> ( I looked but couldn't find it in main ???)
>

It's in main/gbx/gbx_c_system.c (which carries you to gbx_local.c).

> WIki updated.
>
> Any comment on the UTF-8 bit?
>

Sorry, I have no clue about locales. All I can say is that the interpreter
seems to only give you the value of the environment variables.

Regards,
Tobi

--
"There's an old saying: Don't change anything... ever!" -- Mr. Monk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: System.Language (gb)

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
In reply to this post by adamnt42@gmail.com
2017-07-03 17:57 GMT-04:00 bb <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Tobi,
>
> ( I looked but couldn't find it in main ???)
>
> WIki updated.
>
wiki spanish translated but..


>
> Any comment on the UTF-8 bit?

yeah? seems there's its no care of?


>
>
> b
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Gambas-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Loading...