The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Gianluigi
Hi all,
I am not getting e-mail from the mailing list
The last e-mail is this [0] from Jussi Lhatinen.

Regards
Gianluigi

[0]
http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/Fwd-confirm-0bca3e2cd2fe186cd8c172cee9ce1858aec6ce7a-td58115.html

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Tobias Boege-2
On Thu, 05 Jan 2017, Gianluigi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am not getting e-mail from the mailing list
> The last e-mail is this [0] from Jussi Lhatinen.

I personally suspect it's a gmail thing. All the people reporting problems
so far, including me, have gmail addresses and I have noticed that at least
one email, not gambas-user related, which I should have received yesterday
did not arrive. Kind of scary.

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Gianluigi
Hello Tobias,
also I have gmail for ML and from here I do not see your answer, how can we do
to communicate the problem to gmail?

Redards
Gianluigi

> Hi all,
> I am not getting e-mail from the mailing list
> The last e-mail is this [0] from Jussi Lhatinen.
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi
>
> [0] http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/Fwd-confirm-
> 0bca3e2cd2fe186cd8c172cee9ce1858aec6ce7a-td58115.html

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Benoît Minisini
Le 05/01/2017 à 19:48, Gianluigi a écrit :
> Hello Tobias,
> also I have gmail for ML and from here I do not see your answer, how can we do
> to communicate the problem to gmail?
>
> Redards
> Gianluigi

I use gmail too for gambas things, and you are right, I didn't receive
all the mails. Usually it's sourceforge that is messing up. But now if
it's gmail, where are we going!

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Casper
It is a Gmail thing. I received a message from the Gambas listman that
sends these mails, that it has received numerous bounces sending mail
to Gmail and will delete me from the list unless I visit a URL to
re-activate my account.

How to contact GMail?  For the longest time I have suspected that
company is run totally by robots and that there are no biological
creatures remaining....

On 06/01/2017, Benoît Minisini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 05/01/2017 à 19:48, Gianluigi a écrit :
>> Hello Tobias,
>> also I have gmail for ML and from here I do not see your answer, how can
>> we do
>> to communicate the problem to gmail?
>>
>> Redards
>> Gianluigi
>>

> I use gmail too for gambas things, and you are right, I didn't receive
> all the mails. Usually it's sourceforge that is messing up. But now if
> it's gmail, where are we going!
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Fabien Bodard-4
Idem !!!

The 3 th jan :

Your membership in the mailing list Gambas-user has been disabled due
to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
03-Jan-2017.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
this before your membership in the list is deleted.

To re-enable your membership, you can simply respond to this message
(leaving the Subject: line intact), or visit the confirmation page at..

WTF ?

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Gianluigi
A few days ago a neighbor who uses Windows 7 had stopped receiving mail from
Yahoo had to change the settings by accepting the lower to the defenses.
Perhaps because of terrorism, changes are underway with restrictions?
I receive regular mail from Gmail, just that I do not receive the mailing
list, so I think it's a problem between Sourceforge and Gmail.
Meanwhile, you may warn of this problem Sourceforge.

Regards
Gianluigi

> Hello Tobias,
> also I have gmail for ML and from here I do not see your answer, how can
> we do to communicate the problem to gmail?
>
> Redards
> Gianluigi

>> Hi all,
>> I am not getting e-mail from the mailing list
>> The last e-mail is this [0] from Jussi Lhatinen.
>>
>> Regards
>> Gianluigi
>>
>> [0] http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/Fwd-confirm-0bca3e2cd2fe186
>> cd8c172cee9ce1858aec6ce7a-td58115.html

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Johny Provoost
Hello,

I use thunderbird with a mailadress from my provider and I also got that
bouncing messsage.

Kind Regards

Johny

Op 06-01-17 om 08:51 schreef Fabien Bodard:

> Idem !!!
>

> The 3 th jan :
>
> Your membership in the mailing list Gambas-user has been disabled due
> to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> 03-Jan-2017.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
> you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
> this before your membership in the list is deleted.
>
> To re-enable your membership, you can simply respond to this message
> (leaving the Subject: line intact), or visit the confirmation page at..
>

> WTF ?

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Casper
After a bit of Googling:

1) Check that [Gambas-user] has not been reported (and blocked) on any
spam lists.  This occasionally happens to most mail lists.
2) Gmail occasionally bounce messages on a <sent by mail
server/domain> basis for a period of time if excessive spam is
received from that source. It could therefore be a server issue where
this email list is sent from in that other users on the same server,
are sending spam.
3) A temporary (though not recommended) solution is to disable the
Mailman Block on
excessive bounces feature.

I subscribe to numerous other lists and this one is the only one where
I currently have this problem in Gmail.

Hope this helps

On 06/01/2017, Gianluigi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A few days ago a neighbor who uses Windows 7 had stopped receiving mail
> from
> Yahoo had to change the settings by accepting the lower to the defenses.
> Perhaps because of terrorism, changes are underway with restrictions?
> I receive regular mail from Gmail, just that I do not receive the mailing
> list, so I think it's a problem between Sourceforge and Gmail.
> Meanwhile, you may warn of this problem Sourceforge.
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

>> Hello Tobias,
>> also I have gmail for ML and from here I do not see your answer, how can
>> we do to communicate the problem to gmail?
>>
>> Redards
>> Gianluigi

>>> Hi all,
>>> I am not getting e-mail from the mailing list
>>> The last e-mail is this [0] from Jussi Lhatinen.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Gianluigi
>>>
>>> [0] http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/Fwd-confirm-0bca3e2cd2fe186
>>> cd8c172cee9ce1858aec6ce7a-td58115.html

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Gianluigi
I wanted to inform you that I am writing with Gmail and in this direction
(Gmail - Sourceforge) seems to work.

> A few days ago a neighbor who uses Windows 7 had stopped receiving mail
> from Yahoo had to change the settings by accepting the lower to the
> defenses.
> Perhaps because of terrorism, changes are underway with restrictions?
> I receive regular mail from Gmail, just that I do not receive the mailing
> list, so I think it's a problem between Sourceforge and Gmail.
> Meanwhile, you may warn of this problem Sourceforge.
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

>> Hello Tobias,
>> also I have gmail for ML and from here I do not see your answer, how can
>> we do to communicate the problem to gmail?
>>
>> Redards
>> Gianluigi

>>> Hi all,
>>> I am not getting e-mail from the mailing list
>>> The last e-mail is this [0] from Jussi Lhatinen.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Gianluigi
>>>
>>> [0] http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/Fwd-confirm-0bca3e2cd2fe186
>>> cd8c172cee9ce1858aec6ce7a-td58115.html

Re: The Gambas mailing list does not work?

Gianluigi
Am stupid, the email that warned me of disabling for excessive bounces was
insert by Google in my Promotions folder.
I have re-enabled , but remains the mystery of excessive bounces.