Quantcast

TryIcon issues

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

TryIcon issues

Jorge Carrión
I've just upload to Gambas Farm a project called "gbLauncher" it's a
utility that uses a TrayIcon with a configurable menu who launch comands
and applications, check a pop3 account incoming email notifier and allows
you tu send Post-it (Desktop Notes) to your own Desktop or to a remote
Desktop using a ftpServer.
It works fine, at the moment, but I receive on console this message at
start the project:

"sni-qt/15988" WARN  11:09:41.654 void
StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE

And this others as send the quit command (I use a watch object on my
project and needs quit to finish it)

gbx3: warning: circular references detected:
gbx3:     2 Picture
gbx3: warning: 10 allocation(s) non freed.

The number of pictures and allocations non freed may vary.

I've found that first line ("sni-qt/..." etc.) appears when gb.gui.qt or
gb.qt4 is used, but not whith gb.qt5. The others warnings comes from
trayIcon.

Attach a little project with a tryIcon that shows this behaviour.

Best Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user

tryiconclosing-0.0.1.tar.gz (15K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: TryIcon issues

Jorge Carrión
I must apologize about a mistake on the gbLauncher 0.1.4 uploaded this
morning to Gambas's Farm. Usually I use my home language (spanish) to
variable names etc. Before upload to gambas farm I translate the variables
to a understandable english version... but I forgot translate de settings
variable names...

I've fixed it in 0.1.5 version and upload to the farm. All you have to do
is download it again.

Sorry about the noise.

Best regards

2017-05-05 11:20 GMT+02:00 Jorge Carrión <[hidden email]>:

> I've just upload to Gambas Farm a project called "gbLauncher" it's a
> utility that uses a TrayIcon with a configurable menu who launch comands
> and applications, check a pop3 account incoming email notifier and allows
> you tu send Post-it (Desktop Notes) to your own Desktop or to a remote
> Desktop using a ftpServer.
> It works fine, at the moment, but I receive on console this message at
> start the project:
>
> "sni-qt/15988" WARN  11:09:41.654 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw()
> Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
>
> And this others as send the quit command (I use a watch object on my
> project and needs quit to finish it)
>
> gbx3: warning: circular references detected:
> gbx3:     2 Picture
> gbx3: warning: 10 allocation(s) non freed.
>
> The number of pictures and allocations non freed may vary.
>
> I've found that first line ("sni-qt/..." etc.) appears when gb.gui.qt or
> gb.qt4 is used, but not whith gb.qt5. The others warnings comes from
> trayIcon.
>
> Attach a little project with a tryIcon that shows this behaviour.
>
> Best Regards
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: TryIcon issues

Charlie
Try the following code: -

Public Sub form_Open()

TrayIcon1.Visible = True

End

Public Sub Menu4_Click()

TrayIcon1.Visible = False
Me.Close

End

The use of Quit is not recommended see http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/quit

I used gb.gui to get rid of the last error

Check out www.gambas.one

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: TryIcon issues

Jorge Carrión
Thanks Charlie it works... almost.
I used Quit command because in my project I have a watch class object, from
gb.inotify component, and a project doesn't end if there is a watch active.
I change de code to:

  mywachobject.Pause
  miwachobject = Null
  TrayIcon1.visible = False
  Me.Close

And now it closes perfect.

Thanks again.

Best regards


2017-05-06 16:44 GMT+02:00 Charlie <[hidden email]>:

> Try the following code: -
> *Public Sub form_Open()
>   TrayIcon1.Visible = True
> End
> Public Sub Menu4_Click()
>   TrayIcon1.Visible = False
>   Me.Close
> End*
> The use of *Quit* is not recommended see
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/quit <http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/quit
> >
> I used *gb.gui* to get rid of the last error
>
>
>
> -----
> Check out www.gambas.one
> --
> View this message in context: http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.
> com/TryIcon-issues-tp58908p58915.html
> Sent from the gambas-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Gambas-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gambas-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user
Loading...