Weather app in Software Farm

Tony Morehen
I just uploaded a Weather systray app to the software farm.
Comments/suggestions welcome.  Enjoy.

Re: Weather app in Software Farm

Charlie
Tony Morehen wrote
I just uploaded a Weather systray app to the software farm.
Comments/suggestions welcome.  Enjoy.
Hi Tony,

I tried your program on a computer at work and got it working after adding gb.qt4. Linux Mint does not have QT5 yet. I tried it a home but even after fixing QT I got: -

"sni-qt/5871" WARN  12:51:31.765 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE

After 20 seconds FMain appeared but with no data.

Not sure what the problem is.

Check out www.gambas.one

Re: Weather app in Software Farm

Tony Morehen
I just uploaded a version that uses the gb.gui component instead of

gb.qt5.  It also has a workaround that may fix your error. That error
arises when your system does not have a systray enabled.  See:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/278104/app-icons-dont-appear-in-system-tray-on-linux-mint-17-3

I haven't been able to test since I'm running Manjaro.  What version of
Mint are you using : Cinnamon, Mate Xfce? 17.? 18.?