WebForm runs - and suddenly does no more

WebForm runs - and suddenly does no more

Rolf-Werner Eilert-2
I started a new WebForm project which I copied from my first test
project I mentioned the other day.

I just let it make a binary and copied it into the cgi-bin folder of my
own apache on our server here in the school. First it ran flawlessly,
but when I started to work on it and changed things, it suddenly showed
an Error 500: Premature end of script headers: WebKalender1.gambas

I looked into the apache error.log, but I cannot see anything more
detailed, apart from "Null Object" in relationship with the WebTable.

The strange thing is, I still can start the program from the IDE: This
will start Konqueror, and everything appears normally. It is the binary
in cgi-bin which doesn't start anymore.

Has anyone here an explanation?

I will append the two sources: the original test project and WebKalender
which hangs. I just tried the test project, it still runs on apache, so
there really must be something wrong with the WebKalender.

Is there a way to be pointed to a line in code, like the debug output in
a GUI application?

Regards
Rolf

WebformTest1-0.0.2.tar.gz (16K) Download Attachment
WebKalender1-0.0.7.tar.gz (16K) Download Attachment

Re: WebForm runs - and suddenly does no more

Benoît Minisini
Le 23/02/2017 à 18:17, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :

> I started a new WebForm project which I copied from my first test
> project I mentioned the other day.
>
> I just let it make a binary and copied it into the cgi-bin folder of my
> own apache on our server here in the school. First it ran flawlessly,
> but when I started to work on it and changed things, it suddenly showed
> an Error 500: Premature end of script headers: WebKalender1.gambas
>
> I looked into the apache error.log, but I cannot see anything more
> detailed, apart from "Null Object" in relationship with the WebTable.
>
> The strange thing is, I still can start the program from the IDE: This
> will start Konqueror, and everything appears normally. It is the binary
> in cgi-bin which doesn't start anymore.
>
> Has anyone here an explanation?
>
> I will append the two sources: the original test project and WebKalender
> which hangs. I just tried the test project, it still runs on apache, so
> there really must be something wrong with the WebKalender.
>
> Is there a way to be pointed to a line in code, like the debug output in
> a GUI application?
>
> Regards
> Rolf

Strange. I have just tested WebKalender1.gambas as a CGI script
executable, and it apparently works as expected.

Le 24/02/2017 à 03:01, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> Le 23/02/2017 à 18:17, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> I started a new WebForm project which I copied from my first test
>> project I mentioned the other day.
>>
>> I just let it make a binary and copied it into the cgi-bin folder of my
>> own apache on our server here in the school. First it ran flawlessly,
>> but when I started to work on it and changed things, it suddenly showed
>> an Error 500: Premature end of script headers: WebKalender1.gambas
>>
>> I looked into the apache error.log, but I cannot see anything more
>> detailed, apart from "Null Object" in relationship with the WebTable.
>>
>> The strange thing is, I still can start the program from the IDE: This
>> will start Konqueror, and everything appears normally. It is the binary
>> in cgi-bin which doesn't start anymore.
>>
>> Has anyone here an explanation?
>>
>> I will append the two sources: the original test project and WebKalender
>> which hangs. I just tried the test project, it still runs on apache, so
>> there really must be something wrong with the WebKalender.
>>
>> Is there a way to be pointed to a line in code, like the debug output in
>> a GUI application?
>>
>> Regards
>> Rolf
>>

> Strange. I have just tested WebKalender1.gambas as a CGI script
> executable, and it apparently works as expected.

Beware that if you remake the executable, the browser keeps the old
session opened, and that may lead to strange behaviour (an old session
with new executable).

You have to close your browser and open it again (or destroy the session
cookie by hand from the browser).

Am 24.02.2017 03:04, schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> Le 24/02/2017 à 03:01, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>> Le 23/02/2017 à 18:17, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>>> I started a new WebForm project which I copied from my first test
>>> project I mentioned the other day.
>>>
>>> I just let it make a binary and copied it into the cgi-bin folder of my
>>> own apache on our server here in the school. First it ran flawlessly,
>>> but when I started to work on it and changed things, it suddenly showed
>>> an Error 500: Premature end of script headers: WebKalender1.gambas
>>>
>>> I looked into the apache error.log, but I cannot see anything more
>>> detailed, apart from "Null Object" in relationship with the WebTable.
>>>
>>> The strange thing is, I still can start the program from the IDE: This
>>> will start Konqueror, and everything appears normally. It is the binary
>>> in cgi-bin which doesn't start anymore.
>>>
>>> Has anyone here an explanation?
>>>
>>> I will append the two sources: the original test project and WebKalender
>>> which hangs. I just tried the test project, it still runs on apache, so
>>> there really must be something wrong with the WebKalender.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to be pointed to a line in code, like the debug output in
>>> a GUI application?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Rolf
>>>

>> Strange. I have just tested WebKalender1.gambas as a CGI script
>> executable, and it apparently works as expected.
>>

> Beware that if you remake the executable, the browser keeps the old
> session opened, and that may lead to strange behaviour (an old session
> with new executable).
>
> You have to close your browser and open it again (or destroy the session
> cookie by hand from the browser).

Ah ok, that explains a lot of things. Sometimes (not always) I had the
impression I had to stop and start even Konqueror until changes showed up.

Regards
Rolf

Le 24/02/2017 à 08:25, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :

>> Beware that if you remake the executable, the browser keeps the old
>> session opened, and that may lead to strange behaviour (an old session
>> with new executable).
>>
>> You have to close your browser and open it again (or destroy the session
>> cookie by hand from the browser).
>>

> Ah ok, that explains a lot of things. Sometimes (not always) I had the
> impression I had to stop and start even Konqueror until changes showed up.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

A solution for that would be putting the executable version inside the
cookie name. I will think about that.