basic web interactions

Olmec Sinclair - cleanweb
Hi,

I am developing a gambas application and I want to talk to a web server,
passing some parameters and getting an XML response back.

I have cobbled together a way of doing this by using the QT.WebView
container and setting the URL with the request and catching the content
when loading is complete but this feels like a messy way of doing it.

What approach would others suggest?

I see the Gambas development environment has a software farm that offers
a user registration and login.... this is the type of thing I am trying
to achieve. What approach is used here?

Input much appreciated.

Olmec

--
*Olmec* Sinclair Web Design and Development
Phone: 021 586 664 www.cleanweb.co.nz <http://www.cleanweb.co.nz>

Re: basic web interactions

adamnt42@gmail.com
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 11:01:47 +1200
Olmec Sinclair - cleanweb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing a gambas application and I want to talk to a web server,
> passing some parameters and getting an XML response back.
>
> I have cobbled together a way of doing this by using the QT.WebView
> container and setting the URL with the request and catching the content
> when loading is complete but this feels like a messy way of doing it.
>
> What approach would others suggest?

gb.net.curl - which has the advantage of being able to get the file either synchronously or asynchronously.

> I see the Gambas development environment has a software farm that offers
> a user registration and login.... this is the type of thing I am trying
> to achieve. What approach is used here?
>
> Input much appreciated.
>

> Olmec
>

> --
> *Olmec* Sinclair Web Design and Development
> Phone: 021 586 664 www.cleanweb.co.nz <http://www.cleanweb.co.nz>

B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>