decode json string in standard application

decode json string in standard application

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
i made a pos systemas in gambas but i want get info of clients by an api
decoding string results by url gets..

the url retuns a json string, and i can see that gambas hav methods for
json decoding

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.web/json/decode

the question are: i can use that also in a standard project application? or
only works with a web type application?

i want to decode the json string to get info of the clients in the pos
system, so then my database does not need store client data, only client id

Re: decode json string in standard application

Fabien Bodard-4
You can use the gb.util.web component everywhere you want :-)....

> i made a pos systemas in gambas but i want get info of clients by an api
> decoding string results by url gets..
>
> the url retuns a json string, and i can see that gambas hav methods for
> json decoding
>
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.web/json/decode
>
> the question are: i can use that also in a standard project application? or
> only works with a web type application?
>
> i want to decode the json string to get info of the clients in the pos
> system, so then my database does not need store client data, only client id
>

> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

Re: decode json string in standard application

jsbsan
Piccoro Mackay Lenz:

"or only works with a web type application?"

Desktop application example:

http://jsbsan.blogspot.com.es/2015/04/gambas3-ejemplo-de-json-y-extraer-datos.html

"You can use the gb.util.web component everywhere you want "

You can even extract the component code, the json class, and use it in
projects, so you do not have to have gb.util.web installed.
I use it for earlier versions of Gambas, where that component did not
exist, but I do need to use the json class.

Regards

Jsbsan

> You can use the gb.util.web component everywhere you want :-)....

> > i made a pos systemas in gambas but i want get info of clients by an api
> > decoding string results by url gets..
> >
> > the url retuns a json string, and i can see that gambas hav methods for
> > json decoding
> >
> > http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.web/json/decode
> >
> > the question are: i can use that also in a standard project application?
> or
> > only works with a web type application?
> >
> > i want to decode the json string to get info of the clients in the pos
> > system, so then my database does not need store client data, only client
> id
> >

> > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> Fabien Bodard

Re: decode json string in standard application

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
hello jsbsan, this are helpfully for those that dont understand and/or
doesn are able to integrate webservices with desktop app..

http://jsbsan.blogspot.com.es/2015/04/gambas3-ejemplo-de-json-y-extraer-datos.html

NOTE: for understand the code must compare and read the implementation code
in php:
https://geekytheory.com/json-iv-ejemplo-practico-de-uso-de-json-con-openweathermap/

many many thanks for the code, very usefully.. i made a app that comunicate
asyncronous with a main app, due here the internet are very bad!

all are in spanish but for those that dont talk an use google translator as
we must enforce to write in english