drag and drop in the IDE

John Fabiani-2
Hi (from a newbie),
I have just installed 1.9.17 and I don't understand how to do a simple drag
and drop on to the form from the tool bar.

I have started reading the book (applies to 1 and not 2) and it works when
compiling and running.  But the first part of the book adds the controls via
code.  How does one add controls via drag and drop?
John

re: Drag and Drop in the IDE

John Rittinghouse
The controls are not drag and drop - more like click and draw.  Click on a control first, then move the mouse to the form you wish to place the control and outline the width/height of the control.  It should appear with resize handles.  To move the control works like in VB.

jr

Re: re: Drag and Drop in the IDE

John Fabiani-2
On Thursday 13 October 2005 03:04, John Rittinghouse wrote:
> The controls are not drag and drop - more like click and draw.  Click on
> a control first, then move the mouse to the form you wish to place the
> control and outline the width/height of the control.  It should appear
> with resize handles.  To move the control works like in VB.
>
> jr
Thanks - duh!  Well I did say I was a newbie I hope!

John

Re: drag and drop in the IDE

Le Jeudi 13 Octobre 2005 08:33, johnf a écrit :
> Hi (from a newbie),
> I have just installed 1.9.17 and I don't understand how to do a simple drag
> and drop on to the form from the tool bar.
>
> I have started reading the book (applies to 1 and not 2) and it works when
> compiling and running.  But the first part of the book adds the controls
> via code.  How does one add controls via drag and drop?
> John

hi john,

What the book not talk about not work !

click on the button tool, and on the form the leftbutton down and move.