gambas-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

danielcampos
Hi:

It took a time, but here's a new update of the gb.gtk component, still
alpha and weak but useable :-)

http://gambas.gnulinex.org/gtk/

Main Changes (Benoit, take a look, please):

* NEW:   "Separator" widget added. A simple widget which shows an
horizontal or vertical separator line (it depends on the Width and
Height of the control). this is very useful, to separate buttons in a
toolbar, for example. It shows the line according with the use theme.
Note that this implementation can do no more: no way to change border
style, and things like this.

* NEW:   "Label" and "TextLabel" controls have a "Transparent" property
now. it is very useful for interfaces using windows with a mask. to
implement it, I just draw the text twice: the first one in the control
and the second one in a mask, that I combine with the widget. I suppose
QT can do the same...

* NEW:   "Button" and "ToggleButton" have a new boolean property
"Vertical". If set, the picture is shown in the Top side instead of the
Left side of the button. I'm not sure about the name of that property,
however using "Arrangement" with two constants: LeftRigth and TopLeft
for that seems to be more complicated... What does Benoit think about
that? :-)

* NEW:   "TextLabel" and "Message" are able handle some HTML tags:
are able to ignore unrecognized tags and to parse not XML formatted
strings.

* NEW:   "Lang","Timer", and "Error" hooks implemented.

* NEW:   "Label.Autoresize" property implemented.

* FIXED: "ScrollBar" is aligned at top or left of the control when
there's extra space, as gb.qt does.

* FIXED: Some "Container" arrangement problems.

* FIXED: "HSplit" and "VSplit" arrangement fixed.

* FIXED: "TextLabel" horizontal alignment was wrong.

* FIXED: "Stock" icons take the current theme in account.

* FIXED: "ToolButton" click event is working now.

* FIXED: "Label" and "TextLabel" controls redesigned.

* FIXED: Segmentation fault in the "Stock" class.

* FIXED: "Window" size is working in transitions from border resizable
to fixed.

* FIXED: "Picture" cache redesigned.

* FIXED: "ComboBox" background and foreground colors fixed.

Regards,

D. Campos

Re: gambas-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

Benoît Minisini
On Thursday 22 September 2005 14:18, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi:
>
> It took a time, but here's a new update of the gb.gtk component, still
> alpha and weak but useable :-)
>
> http://gambas.gnulinex.org/gtk/
>
> Main Changes (Benoit, take a look, please):

I will, I will... :-)

> * NEW:   "Separator" widget added. A simple widget which shows an
> horizontal or vertical separator line (it depends on the Width and
> Height of the control). this is very useful, to separate buttons in a
> toolbar, for example. It shows the line according with the use theme.
> Note that this implementation can do no more: no way to change border
> style, and things like this.

Why not? But I hate separators. It is the only big thing I hate in KDE is all
these separators lines everywhere... I prefer the Gnome way of not using
them.

> * NEW:   "Label" and "TextLabel" controls have a "Transparent" property
> now. it is very useful for interfaces using windows with a mask. to
> implement it, I just draw the text twice: the first one in the control
> and the second one in a mask, that I combine with the widget. I suppose
> QT can do the same...

I think so. But they advice not doing that in the QT documentation. It is not
a good idea at the moment, as masks don't have antialiasing in X11 at the
moment. So your transparent label will be drawn without antialiasing.

> * NEW:   "Button" and "ToggleButton" have a new boolean property
> "Vertical". If set, the picture is shown in the Top side instead of the
> Left side of the button. I'm not sure about the name of that property,
> however using "Arrangement" with two constants: LeftRigth and TopLeft
> for that seems to be more complicated... What does Benoit think about
> that? :-)

This is a QT limitation: button picture is always aligned to the left, even if
the language is rtl written!. I don't know if it is different in QT4, but I
can't implement that at the moment.

> * NEW:   "TextLabel" and "Message" are able handle some HTML tags:
> are able to ignore unrecognized tags and to parse not XML formatted
> strings.

You don't have to handle all the tags QT uses. Just the presentation ones are
useful. It seems that you did that...

> * NEW:   "Lang","Timer", and "Error" hooks implemented.
>
> * NEW:   "Label.Autoresize" property implemented.
>
> * FIXED: "ScrollBar" is aligned at top or left of the control when
> there's extra space, as gb.qt does.
>
> * FIXED: Some "Container" arrangement problems.
>
> * FIXED: "HSplit" and "VSplit" arrangement fixed.
>
> * FIXED: "TextLabel" horizontal alignment was wrong.
>
> * FIXED: "Stock" icons take the current theme in account.
>
> * FIXED: "ToolButton" click event is working now.
>
> * FIXED: "Label" and "TextLabel" controls redesigned.
>
> * FIXED: Segmentation fault in the "Stock" class.
>
> * FIXED: "Window" size is working in transitions from border resizable
> to fixed.
>
> * FIXED: "Picture" cache redesigned.
>
> * FIXED: "ComboBox" background and foreground colors fixed.
>

> Regards,
>
> D. Campos

Here are the few things I modified since 1.9.19:

* I added a "ToolBox" boolean property to the Window class. When this property
is true, the NET WM window type property is set to "utility", and the KDE
window manager displays a small window title box instead of a normal one. And
the tool window is iconified with the main window. This is managed by the QT
library. If you don't that this feature in GTK+, I added a function in the
x11.c file to do that by setting directly the window manager property.

* I added a "EndOfLine" property in the stream class, so that we can choose if
a stream uses a Unix end of line ('\n'), a Macintosh one ('\t') or a Windows
one ('\r\n'). This end of line feature is used by PRINT, and LINE INPUT.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:[hidden email]