gambas editor is locked

Fernando Cabral
All of a sudden, I can not edit any project. They are all locked.
Hitting the lock icon does not change anything except that
on the tab where the module name is shown the expression '[read only]"
appears and disappears. But I still can not edit the source code.

What I am supposed to do to fix this?

--
Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.

Re: gambas editor is locked

Karl Reinl
Am Montag, den 01.05.2017, 21:36 -0300 schrieb Fernando Cabral:
> All of a sudden, I can not edit any project. They are all locked.
> Hitting the lock icon does not change anything except that
> on the tab where the module name is shown the expression '[read only]"
> appears and disappears. But I still can not edit the source code.
>
> What I am supposed to do to fix this?

Salut,

I suppose You have opened the example projects, is it?
Just save you a local copy by 'save as'..
--
Amicalement

Re: gambas editor is locked

Jorge Carrión
If you have linked the source code directorys with other projects, Gambas
lock de files as readonly too.
In that case you must modify the code in their original project, not in the
linked one.

Best Regards

Karl wrote:

>I suppose You have opened the example projects, is it?
> Just save you a local copy by 'save as'..

I did download and open gbDocEditor. Do you mean it can lock all my
projects?
If so, what else can I do to unlock it? Saving as did not seem to work.

- fernando

Am Dienstag, den 02.05.2017, 07:08 -0300 schrieb Fernando Cabral:

> Karl wrote:
>
> >I suppose You have opened the example projects, is it?
> > Just save you a local copy by 'save as'..
>
> I did download and open gbDocEditor. Do you mean it can lock all my
> projects?
> If so, what else can I do to unlock it? Saving as did not seem to work.
>
> - fernando

Salut Fernando,

the directory from gbDocEditor. is (if you have downloaded via
softwarefarm) ~/.local/share/gambas3/src/oliviercruilles/gbDocEditor
Just run a chmod  -R on that.
But first look whats are your rights on it.

--
Amicalement

Re: gambas editor is locked

Fernando Cabral
Karl wrote:

> the directory from gbDocEditor. is (if you have downloaded via
> softwarefarm) ~/.local/share/gambas3/src/oliviercruilles/gbDocEditor
> Just run a chmod  -R on that.
> But first look whats are your rights on it.

Yes, I donwloaded it via softwarefarm.
I checked files and directories bellow oliviercruilles and they have the
permissions set to at least the following:

drwxr-xr-x 3 fernando fernando   -- if a directory
-rw-r--r-- 1 fernando fernando      -- if a file

Now, to run "chmod -R" what is the ideal permission setting?

Regards

- fernando

Am Dienstag, den 02.05.2017, 09:53 -0300 schrieb Fernando Cabral:

> Karl wrote:
>
> > the directory from gbDocEditor. is (if you have downloaded via
> > softwarefarm) ~/.local/share/gambas3/src/oliviercruilles/gbDocEditor
> > Just run a chmod  -R on that.
> > But first look whats are your rights on it.
>
> Yes, I donwloaded it via softwarefarm.
> I checked files and directories bellow oliviercruilles and they have the
> permissions set to at least the following:
>
> drwxr-xr-x 3 fernando fernando   -- if a directory
> -rw-r--r-- 1 fernando fernando      -- if a file
>
> Now, to run "chmod -R" what is the ideal permission setting?
>
> Regards
>
> - fernando

Salut Fernando,

your rights are ideal. If you lock them, inside /.src you will find
-r--r--r-- 1 fernando fernando.
Did you check inside /.src ?
If inside /.src  files are also -rw-r--r-- 1 fernando fernando, try a
'touch test.log' to check if that is possible,repeat it after a  minute
or two (look at the timestamp  between)  to check if you have that
rights.

Oh, before it was said using gambas IDE you have to have  rw on /tmp.

--
Amicalement

Re: gambas editor is locked

Fernando Cabral
Karl wrote:
> your rights are ideal. If you lock them, inside /.src you will find
> -r--r--r-- 1 fernando fernando.
> Did you check inside /.src ?
Yes, using "find ... ls -la" I checked one by one. They all have at least
the access permission indicated.

> If inside /.src  files are also -rw-r--r-- 1 fernando fernando, try a
> 'touch test.log' to check if that is possible,repeat it after a  minute
> or two (look at the timestamp  between)  to check if you have that
> rights.

I have no problem writing inside any of those directories.

> Oh, before it was said using gambas IDE you have to have  rw on /tmp.
Yes, thatś pretty standard, and I have those permissions on /tmp.

I am still clueless.

- fernando