gambas web, when run ide get confusing respect documentation

gambas web, when run ide get confusing respect documentation

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
all the mail list responces and documentation said that a web gambas app
must produce a exec cgi and then put in the server

but ide when run does not call a producible exec .. runs and embebed http
that seems are the program itself... due i only see "localhost:8080"
without a root cgi scrip name to call...

so debug a program gambas web using the ide its a bit frustrting process
respect a application desktop program..

need a great knowlegd of web server and cgi..

we need a good documentation, tutorials or a great framework like
codeigniter where i can view everithing when the request and responses are
passed on server

HOW CAN I SETUP THE IDE TO RUN THE# PRODUCED EXECUTABLE AND CAN DEBUG
BETTER?

Re: gambas web, when run ide get confusing respect documentation

Benoît Minisini
Le 15/03/2017 à 19:41, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> all the mail list responces and documentation said that a web gambas app
> must produce a exec cgi and then put in the server
>
> but ide when run does not call a producible exec .. runs and embebed http
> that seems are the program itself... due i only see "localhost:8080"
> without a root cgi scrip name to call...

And what's the problem with that?

> so debug a program gambas web using the ide its a bit frustrting process
> respect a application desktop program..

The embedded HTTP server used when running the CGI script from the IDE
serializes all the requests, so that you can put a breakpoint in your code.

It does not work 100% of the time, so you have to debug your program the
old way, by writing messages into a log file.

> need a great knowlegd of web server and cgi..
>
> we need a good documentation, tutorials or a great framework like
> codeigniter where i can view everithing when the request and responses are
> passed on server

What do you need exactly? Please elaborate...

Re: gambas web, when run ide get confusing respect documentation

> And what's the problem with that?

due debug with a old way its quite complicated today! need a lot of
knoledge that many users not have (and today seems not need)

The embedded HTTP server used when running the CGI script from the IDE
> serializes all the requests, so that you can put a breakpoint in your code.
>
> It does not work 100% of the time, so you have to debug your program the
> old way, by writing messages into a log file.

ARGGG....

> > we need a good documentation, tutorials or a great framework like
> > codeigniter where i can view everithing when the request and responses
> are
> > passed on server

What do you need exactly? Please elaborate...

Well benoit u already made a great job, and made more its little abuse..

BUT THIS WILL BE NECESARY: http://picpaste.com/codeigniter-forensics.png

Le 15/03/2017 à 20:13, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :

> BUT THIS WILL BE NECESARY: http://picpaste.com/codeigniter-forensics.png

No idea what that tiny screenshot with russian inside is supposed to do.

Re: gambas web, when run ide get confusing respect documentation

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
the profiler addon in screeshot show a tool that gets all the vars passed
to respond, the vars passed to request, the complete POST data, the
complete GET data , if any the complete URI on a web aplication..

on gambas, THIS ARE IMPORTANT: search and debug that things are very hard,
downgrading very the time develop of a web application...

> Le 15/03/2017 à 20:13, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> >
> > BUT THIS WILL BE NECESARY: http://picpaste.com/codeigniter-forensics.png
>
> No idea what that tiny screenshot with russian inside is supposed to do.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Re: gambas web, when run ide get confusing respect documentation

Jesus Guardon-3
Hi, dudes

El 15/3/17 a las 20:47, PICCORO McKAY Lenz escribió:
> the profiler addon in screeshot show a tool that gets all the vars passed
> to respond, the vars passed to request, the complete POST data, the
> complete GET data , if any the complete URI on a web aplication..

That tool already exists. It is inside your own browser!! I you use
Firefox or a webkit based browser as Chromium, you have lots of tools
inside the "Developer tools" menu that helps to debug your web project
whatever server language is it programmed in.

Search the web for tutorials on how to get the best of your browser.

Regards

Jesus

> on gambas, THIS ARE IMPORTANT: search and debug that things are very hard,
> downgrading very the time develop of a web application...
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

>> Le 15/03/2017 à 20:13, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
>>> BUT THIS WILL BE NECESARY: http://picpaste.com/codeigniter-forensics.png
>> No idea what that tiny screenshot with russian inside is supposed to do.
>>
>> --
>> Benoît Minisini

Re: gambas web, when run ide get confusing respect documentation

> That tool already exists. It is inside your own browser!! I you use
> Firefox or a webkit based browser as Chromium, you have lots of tools
> inside the "Developer tools" menu that helps to debug your web project
> whatever server language is it programmed in.

thanks for that, but this only show the communication between client and
server, some specific vars declared inside my project of course never will
get show it!

@jguardon its obviously u dont see it the ci-profiler...

the web-developer tools of the chrome/webkit browsers are usefully for most
client side and response related data, and eye-candy purposes..

some other aspect specific of the own application like filters does not
show obviously..

LIKE WICHT QUERYS WAS MADE IN SERVER! that its never show in the webkit
developer tool...

and as i said, that required novice users read lot of documentation and in
ci, this are not necesary for novices..

El 16/3/17 a las 0:03, PICCORO McKAY Lenz escribió:

>> That tool already exists. It is inside your own browser!! I you use
>> Firefox or a webkit based browser as Chromium, you have lots of tools
>> inside the "Developer tools" menu that helps to debug your web project
>> whatever server language is it programmed in.
>>
> thanks for that, but this only show the communication between client and
> server, some specific vars declared inside my project of course never will
> get show it!
That's for what it is intended, right? Well, then let's put some
breakpoints in your code and you'll see those values, or do it the old
way, just print it.

> @jguardon its obviously u dont see it the ci-profiler...

I'm not very interested in php frameworks. They add unnecessary
"features" only to bloat your application and reduces the overall
performance.

> the web-developer tools of the chrome/webkit browsers are usefully for most
> client side and response related data, and eye-candy purposes..

Eye-candy? Well, I like to see data going in and out of my browser,
supposedly the same data your $_POST variables hold inside.

> some other aspect specific of the own application like filters does not
> show obviously..
>
> LIKE WICHT QUERYS WAS MADE IN SERVER! that its never show in the webkit
> developer tool...
>
> and as i said, that required novice users read lot of documentation and in
> ci, this are not necesary for novices..

Well, it is not strictly necessary to agree on this. Cheers!

Jesus Guardon