gb-qt4 vs gb-qt5 (systray)

herberth guzman
Salutation Benoit

I am restructuring my project (Innova Deskop) to improve.
I want to create a light, functional and beautiful project.

Example:
GbPanel - GbLauncher - GbSettings - GbDate - GbTheme - GbPlugins - GbWidget
- PCInfo - More

I want to use gb-qt5 for a new design and take into account all the
suggestions made.

I have some problems and I need help.

gb-qt4 vs gb-qt5

1.0 - systray does NOT work with gb-qt5
1.1 - systray SI works with gb-qt4

2.0 - controls are better and cleaner with gb-qt5
2.1 - the controls are more rustic and not showy with gb-qt4

3.0 - I would like to use plasma-nm (KDE)
3.1 - I would not like to use nm-applet (Gnome)

Tell me if it is possible that I can work with gb-qt5
I think that if I continue working with gb-qt4 I will stay behind and I
will be stuck and I will not be able to use new technology (gb-qt5)

Can you help me please or find some solution to my problem ...?
Thank you very much

Herberth Guzmán

Attached screenshots
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gI4jYOofp0amRfLXBzVUloVjA/view
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2gI4jYOofp0WUJOdU1wS0s0NG8

Re: gb-qt4 vs gb-qt5 (systray)

Benoît Minisini
Le 15/02/2017 à 19:00, herberth guzman a écrit :

> Salutation Benoit
>
> I am restructuring my project (Innova Deskop) to improve.
> I want to create a light, functional and beautiful project.
>
> Example:
> GbPanel - GbLauncher - GbSettings - GbDate - GbTheme - GbPlugins - GbWidget
> - PCInfo - More
>
> I want to use gb-qt5 for a new design and take into account all the
> suggestions made.
>
> I have some problems and I need help.
>
> gb-qt4 vs gb-qt5
>
> 1.0 - systray does NOT work with gb-qt5
> 1.1 - systray SI works with gb-qt4

Maybe it's time for you to try to implement the DBus Systray instead of
using the X11 systray?

I will check anyway why the QT5 X11 systray does not work anymore.

> 2.0 - controls are better and cleaner with gb-qt5
> 2.1 - the controls are more rustic and not showy with gb-qt4

It's more a matter of widget style in use.

I suggest you try to implement your own controls in Gambas for your
desktop, so that you have exactly the look you want. It's a very good
exercise. :-)

> 3.0 - I would like to use plasma-nm (KDE)
> 3.1 - I would not like to use nm-applet (Gnome)

I can't help you about that, I don't know them. I'm afraid that
plasma-nm, according to its name, heavily depends on plasma.

P.S. If you make screenshots with desktop background inside, better use
JPEG than PNG. Or use a single color as your desktop background before
making the PNG screenshot.