gridview contents x,y are default richtext or text?

gridview contents x,y are default richtext or text?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
i have a piece of code, from a complex project, that export line by line to
a file, the contents of the gridview, but not the text, only the richtext
why are not the same?

    For d = 0 To grid.Rows.Count - 1
        linefile = ""
        For c = 0 To grid.Columns.Count - 1
            linefile &= "\"" & grid[d, c].text & "\";"
        Next
        linefile = Left(linefile, -1) & gb.NewLine
        parsetofile &= linefile
    Next

"parsetofile" its the file to put stream, but the grid object only have
text content in the richtext, and the text not? why if i using .text does
not show nothing?

in the data event i set both, text and richtext! but only got in richtext!
why?

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
but that's the problem, why richtext have contents and .text does not have
it?

> PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote
> > i have a piece of code, from a complex project, that export line by line
> > a file, the contents of the gridview, but not the text, only the richtext
> > why are not the same?
>
> Try using:
>
> *linefile &= "\"" & grid[d, c].RichText & "\";"   'Not .Text*
>
> Also you can use: -
>
> *For d = 0 To grid.Rows.Max   'Instead of Count - 1 *
>
> I have attached the program I used to test this.
> GUITest.tar <http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n59569/GUITest.tar>
>

> -----
> Check out www.gambas.one

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

Charlie
OK sorry I deleted that post once I reread your post.

Have a look at this solution

GUITest.tar

Check out www.gambas.one

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
no no, i mean that i want to use the .text only but does not got any here,
only by using .richtext.. ...

bb

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

bb
Just because something has a similar name doesn't mean it is the same thing.

Your original question makes as much sense as: "How come when I access the Text property of a GridView, it doesn't give me the value of the Alignment property?"

V_GridView_Cell.Text and _GridView_Cell.RichText are not the same property.

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 18:14:54 -0400
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> no no, i mean that i want to use the .text only but does not got any here,
> only by using .richtext.. ...
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > OK sorry I deleted that post once I reread your post.
> >
> > Have a look at this solution
> >
> > GUITest.tar <http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n59571/GUITest.tar>
> >

> > -----
> > Check out www.gambas.one
> > --

B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

Jorge Carrión
I wrote that software. It is available in the Farm with the name of
pageGrid.
The Richtext property is used because the control allows the rows to be
automatically set according to the length of their content and the
available column width (control's wordWrap property), and that can only be
calculated using RichText.
The function that do this is in pGrid class:

Public Sub calcHeights()

  Dim n, i, f As Integer

  For n = 0 To Me.Rows.Max
    If Me.Rows[n].Height <> Me.Rows.Height Then
      Me.Rows[n].Height = Me.Rows.Height
      f = 0
      For i = 0 To Me.Columns.Max
         f = Max(f, Me[n, i].Font.RichTextHeight(Me[n, i].RichText,
Me.Columns[i].width))
      Next
      Me.Rows[n].Height = f + (Me.Rows.Height - Me.Font.Height - 1)
    Endif
  Next

End

As you can see, with text property of gridCells it's impossible to do this.

Best Regars.

> no no, i mean that i want to use the .text only but does not got any here,
> only by using .richtext.. ...
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > OK sorry I deleted that post once I reread your post.
> >
> > Have a look at this solution
> >
> > GUITest.tar <http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n59571/GUITest.tar>
> >

> > -----
> > Check out www.gambas.one

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
hi Jorge, i already know why the usage of the richtext in the pagegrid..
the question are why when i access to .text got nothing.. i modified the
code to set both: .richtext content and .text content.. but only the
richtext content are got ...

bb

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

bb

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:43:04 -0400
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi Jorge, i already know why the usage of the richtext in the pagegrid..
> the question are why when i access to .text got nothing.. i modified the
> code to set both: .richtext content and .text content.. but only the
> richtext content are got ...
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > I wrote that software. It is available in the Farm with the name of
> > pageGrid.
> > The Richtext property is used because the control allows the rows to be
> > automatically set according to the length of their content and the
> > available column width (control's wordWrap property), and that can only be
> > calculated using RichText.
> > The function that do this is in pGrid class:
> >
> > Public Sub calcHeights()
> >
> >   Dim n, i, f As Integer
> >
> >   For n = 0 To Me.Rows.Max
> >     If Me.Rows[n].Height <> Me.Rows.Height Then
> >       Me.Rows[n].Height = Me.Rows.Height
> >       f = 0
> >       For i = 0 To Me.Columns.Max
> >          f = Max(f, Me[n, i].Font.RichTextHeight(Me[n, i].RichText,
> > Me.Columns[i].width))
> >       Next
> >       Me.Rows[n].Height = f + (Me.Rows.Height - Me.Font.Height - 1)
> >     Endif
> >   Next
> >
> > End
> >
> > As you can see, with text property of gridCells it's impossible to do this.
> >
> > Best Regars.

> > > no no, i mean that i want to use the .text only but does not got any
> > here,
> > > only by using .richtext.. ...
> > >
> > > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>

Selection_067.png (45K) Download Attachment

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
grrrrr that's wiki link its different from
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/gridview damn

ok thanks ...

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:43:04 -0400
> PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > hi Jorge, i already know why the usage of the richtext in the pagegrid..
> > the question are why when i access to .text got nothing.. i modified the
> > code to set both: .richtext content and .text content.. but only the
> > richtext content are got ...
> >
> > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > > I wrote that software. It is available in the Farm with the name of
> > > pageGrid.
> > > The Richtext property is used because the control allows the rows to be
> > > automatically set according to the length of their content and the
> > > available column width (control's wordWrap property), and that can
> only be
> > > calculated using RichText.
> > > The function that do this is in pGrid class:
> > >
> > > Public Sub calcHeights()
> > >
> > >   Dim n, i, f As Integer
> > >
> > >   For n = 0 To Me.Rows.Max
> > >     If Me.Rows[n].Height <> Me.Rows.Height Then
> > >       Me.Rows[n].Height = Me.Rows.Height
> > >       f = 0
> > >       For i = 0 To Me.Columns.Max
> > >          f = Max(f, Me[n, i].Font.RichTextHeight(Me[n, i].RichText,
> > > Me.Columns[i].width))
> > >       Next
> > >       Me.Rows[n].Height = f + (Me.Rows.Height - Me.Font.Height - 1)
> > >     Endif
> > >   Next
> > >
> > > End
> > >
> > > As you can see, with text property of gridCells it's impossible to do
> this.
> > >
> > > Best Regars.

> > > here,

> com/file/n59571/GUITest.tar>

> B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>

Re: gridview contents x, y are default richtext or text?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
its there any possibility to override the .text to handle from .richtext ?