how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

i mean:

case1:

form1 have a click and inside invoke form2.show()

case2:

only form2 are lauch

now in form2 i have a button with a event Click:

if are invoked from form1 i need to show anagin form1 and close form2
if not, onlt close form2 and terminate program

i' was lookin for ojbect management on gambas wiki and only found Me;;
Last;; and Me.Parent but none of them helpme...

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

adamnt42@gmail.com
On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:32:08 -0400
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?
>
> i mean:
>
> case1:
>
> form1 have a click and inside invoke form2.show()
>
> case2:
>
> only form2 are lauch
>
> now in form2 i have a button with a event Click:
>
> if are invoked from form1 i need to show anagin form1 and close form2
> if not, onlt close form2 and terminate program
>
> i' was lookin for ojbect management on gambas wiki and only found Me;;
> Last;; and Me.Parent but none of them helpme...
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

Surely this is as simple as using Run() instead of show in the "parent" form? Set a flag in the Run method to indicate that the "child" was invoked from the "parent" and react accordingly.
e.g.
CHILD FORM
Public Sub Run()
  $bIamBambino=true
  Me.show() ' or  ShowModal or whatever...
End

Public Form_Close()
  If $bIamBambino then
    ' do whatever
  Else
   ' close the application
  EndIF

PARENT FORM
  Public Sub SomeButton_Click()
    Dim fBambono as New FWhatever
    fBambino.Run()
  End

????

bb

--
B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

Gianluigi
And do such a thing?

Regards
Gianluigi

FatherForm-0.0.1.tar.gz (15K) Download Attachment

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
like it more the "FatherForm" way, many thanks!

> And do such a thing?
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

> > On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:32:08 -0400
> > PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?
> > >
> > > i mean:
> > >
> > > case1:
> > >
> > > form1 have a click and inside invoke form2.show()
> > >
> > > case2:
> > >
> > > only form2 are lauch
> > >
> > > now in form2 i have a button with a event Click:
> > >
> > > if are invoked from form1 i need to show anagin form1 and close form2
> > > if not, onlt close form2 and terminate program
> > >
> > > i' was lookin for ojbect management on gambas wiki and only found Me;;
> > > Last;; and Me.Parent but none of them helpme...
> > >
> > > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
> >
> > Surely this is as simple as using Run() instead of show in the "parent"
> > form? Set a flag in the Run method to indicate that the "child" was
> invoked
> > from the "parent" and react accordingly.
> > e.g.
> > CHILD FORM
> > Public Sub Run()
> >   $bIamBambino=true
> >   Me.show() ' or  ShowModal or whatever...
> > End
> >
> > Public Form_Close()
> >   If $bIamBambino then
> >     ' do whatever
> >   Else
> >    ' close the application
> >   EndIF
> >
> > PARENT FORM
> >   Public Sub SomeButton_Click()
> >     Dim fBambono as New FWhatever
> >     fBambino.Run()
> >   End
> >
> > ????
> >
> > bb
> >
> > --
> > B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
arrgg fatherform way and "bambino" flag way are in fact same..

both suggestions need a value to pass and already know was the form father!
i need a way that i dont know the name of the "father form".. only that the
parent will raise if any..

> like it more the "FatherForm" way, many thanks!
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

>> And do such a thing?
>>
>> Regards
>> Gianluigi

>> > Surely this is as simple as using Run() instead of show in the "parent"
>> > form? Set a flag in the Run method to indicate that the "child" was
>> invoked
>> > from the "parent" and react accordingly.
>> > e.g.
>> > CHILD FORM
>> > Public Sub Run()
>> >   $bIamBambino=true
>> >   Me.show() ' or  ShowModal or whatever...
>> > End
>> >
>> > Public Form_Close()
>> >   If $bIamBambino then
>> >     ' do whatever
>> >   Else
>> >    ' close the application
>> >   EndIF
>> >
>> > PARENT FORM
>> >   Public Sub SomeButton_Click()
>> >     Dim fBambono as New FWhatever
>> >     fBambino.Run()
>> >   End
>> >
>> > ????
>> >
>> > bb
>> >
>> > --
>> > B Bruen <[hidden email] (sort of)>

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

Jussi Lahtinen
I don't understand why it is bad to pass value to indicate where the form
was invoked..?

Jussi

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:41 PM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> arrgg fatherform way and "bambino" flag way are in fact same..
>
> both suggestions need a value to pass and already know was the form father!
> i need a way that i dont know the name of the "father form".. only that the
> parent will raise if any..
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> > like it more the "FatherForm" way, many thanks!
> >
> > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> >> And do such a thing?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Gianluigi

> form2

> Me;;

> "parent"
> >> invoked

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

Fabien Bodard-4
Hey Lenz... Indirectly the value is passed, if it's not by you , it's
by the interpreter or class. There is no sorcery.

well then when you read the code ... it's not the parent that show the
form but the form itself.

MyForm . ShowModal

Where showmodal is the function from MyForm.

The only way is to pass the value via a Static Function. Or/and via an
extend on the _New function (the constructor)

> I don't understand why it is bad to pass value to indicate where the form
> was invoked..?
>

> Jussi
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:41 PM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> arrgg fatherform way and "bambino" flag way are in fact same..
>>
>> both suggestions need a value to pass and already know was the form father!
>> i need a way that i dont know the name of the "father form".. only that the
>> parent will raise if any..
>>
>> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
>> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

>> > like it more the "FatherForm" way, many thanks!
>> >
>> > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
>> > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

>> form2

>> Me;;

>> "parent"

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

Jussi Lahtinen
Or you need to make wrapper class that requires show method to take
parameter.

Jussi

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Fabien Bodard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Lenz... Indirectly the value is passed, if it's not by you , it's
> by the interpreter or class. There is no sorcery.
>
> well then when you read the code ... it's not the parent that show the
> form but the form itself.
>
> MyForm . ShowModal
>
> Where showmodal is the function from MyForm.
>
> The only way is to pass the value via a Static Function. Or/and via an
> extend on the _New function (the constructor)

> > I don't understand why it is bad to pass value to indicate where the form
> > was invoked..?
> >

> > Jussi
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:41 PM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> arrgg fatherform way and "bambino" flag way are in fact same..
> >>
> >> both suggestions need a value to pass and already know was the form
> father!
> >> i need a way that i dont know the name of the "father form".. only that
> the
> >> parent will raise if any..
> >>
> >> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> >> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> >> form2

> >> Me;;

> >> "parent"

> Fabien Bodard

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
the problem its not property a value to pass..

the problem its that the parent could be "any", not only a named "myform" o
"fatherform"

i mean, i dont nkow what form was the parent

> Or you need to make wrapper class that requires show method to take
> parameter.
>

> Jussi
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Fabien Bodard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey Lenz... Indirectly the value is passed, if it's not by you , it's
> > by the interpreter or class. There is no sorcery.
> >
> > well then when you read the code ... it's not the parent that show the
> > form but the form itself.
> >
> > MyForm . ShowModal
> >
> > Where showmodal is the function from MyForm.
> >
> > The only way is to pass the value via a Static Function. Or/and via an
> > extend on the _New function (the constructor)

> > > I don't understand why it is bad to pass value to indicate where the
> form
> > > was invoked..?
> > >

> > > Jussi
> > >
> > > On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:41 PM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <
> > [hidden email]>

> > father!
> that
> > the

> >:

> found

> was

> > --
> > Fabien Bodard

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

Fabien Bodard-4
So it's to the form to say ... I'm the parent.

McKay-0.0.1.tar.gz (16K) Download Attachment

Re: how to know when a form runnig was invoked from another or not?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
jajajaj Fabian, thanks! its a "all-in-one" project!

umm interesting using the run! passing a instance of the parent.. thanks
for the tip!