reparent menu item

Leon Davis
Using Gambas v3.9.2 and GTK+3

Is there a safe way to reparent a menu item during runtime? Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Leon

Re: reparent menu item

Charlie
Can you supply more detail and an example of what you are trying to do?

Check out www.gambas.one

Re: reparent menu item

Leon Davis
I have created a form with containing a component I designed. When the
program is started the menu is created: MenuItem = new Menu(FormMain) as
"FileMenu" and is displayed as a text menu of the form. There is also a
context menu that is created for when the user right clicks on the control:
MenuItem = new Menu(Control) as "PopupMenu". One of the options I want to
present is to the user is to move the "FileMenu" to the "PopupMenu" so that
the "FileMenu" is no longer displayed on the form but on the "PopupMenu".

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Charlie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you supply more detail and an example of what you are trying to do?
>

> -----
> Check out www.gambas.one

Re: reparent menu item

Fabien Bodard-4
ok so just set the filemenu(parent item) invisible and then call the
same menu with filemenu.popup.

All menus are contained by the form parent... just they are visible or not.