support to revious question

orven_llantos (Bugzilla)
hi guys,

this is the ./configure message telling me the reason
why ODBC driver is disabled.
   :
   :
checking for ODBC driver headers... no (1)
checking for ODBC driver libraries... /usr/lib
WARNING: *** ODBC driver is disabled
   :
   :

in (1), i interpreted it as gambas didn't find the
driver headers. isn't it included in the package? if
not, where can i download it? what do i need to do to
solve this problem?

Sincerely,

Orven E. Llantos

Re: support to revious question

Rob Kudla
On Thu September 22 2005 04:38, Orven Llantos wrote:
> checking for ODBC driver headers... no (1)
> in (1), i interpreted it as gambas didn't find the
> driver headers. isn't it included in the package? if
> not, where can i download it? what do i need to do to
> solve this problem?

If the Linux ODBC package is called "libunixODBC1", as it is on
Mandriva, try "yum install libunixODBC1-devel".  If it's called
something else, adjust as appropriate.

I'm not sure why yum install gambas doesn't work for you, since it
seems to be out there:

http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/repoview/gambas-0-1.0.11-1.fc4.html

But it doesn't matter because the ODBC support is in gambas2, not
gambas, and I can't find that in the standard Fedora repositories.

Rob