textarea won't accept text

bill-lancaster
I'm obviously missing something here but have just added a textarea control to my form.
I can display text in it from code but can only enter one character.
Any ideas?

Re: textarea won't accept text

Adrien Prokopowicz-2
Le Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:08:49 +0200, bill-lancaster via Gambas-user
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

> I'm obviously missing something here but have just added a textarea
> control
> to my form.
> I can display text in it from code but can only enter one character.
> Any ideas?

That looks like a bug. Can you send a project we can use to test this ?
And if its a bug, your system's configuration will probably be needed too.

Adrien Prokopowicz

Re: textarea won't accept text

bill-lancaster wrote
I'm obviously missing something here but have just added a textarea control to my form.
I can display text in it from code but can only enter one character.
Any ideas?
I have tried this and I can't find a fault. I can enter as much text as I like. Put text in with code and add more text with the keyboard. I have tested it with gb.gui, gb.gtk3 and gb.qt4 and all behave the same.

An example, as Adrien said, might help.

Check out www.gambas.one

Re: textarea won't accept text

Fernando Cabral
Perhaps Bill has met the same problem I have here. I can't use IDE in my
regular machines because it will not take anything from the keyboard. I
only can edit my source code using a virtual machine.
Nevertheless - I must add - the textarea in my program is working fine.

- fernando

> bill-lancaster wrote
> > I'm obviously missing something here but have just added a textarea
> > control to my form.
> > I can display text in it from code but can only enter one character.
> > Any ideas?
>
> I have tried this and I can't find a fault. I can enter as much text as I
> like. Put text in with code and add more text with the keyboard. I have
> tested it with gb.gui, gb.gtk3 and gb.qt4 and all behave the same.
>
> An example, as Adrien said, might help.
>

> -----
> Check out www.gambas.one

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: [hidden email]
Facebook: [hidden email]
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.

Re: textarea won't accept text

bill-lancaster
Thanks for the ideas, Textarea works in other projects.
A copy of the the offending project is attached.
MusicLibraryCreate-0.gz

Meanwhile, I'll see if I can make a simpler version.

Re: textarea won't accept text

gambas-user mailing list
Le 28/07/2017 à 17:37, Fernando Cabral a écrit :
> Perhaps Bill has met the same problem I have here. I can't use IDE in my
> regular machines because it will not take anything from the keyboard. I
> only can edit my source code using a virtual machine.
> Nevertheless - I must add - the textarea in my program is working fine.
>
> - fernando

I'm almost sure this is a problem with the X11 input method used by Qt.

Check if the IDE run with QT4 or QT5. If you don't use QT5, it will use
QT4, unless it is not installed (i.e. no gb.qt4 on your system).

Then run the QT4 qtconfig program to change the default input method.

And run the IDE from a console to check if you are error messages
printed by QT.

Re: textarea won't accept text

bill-lancaster
Sorry, my mistake.
The textarea control works fine if I don't intercept key strokes.  (Form_KeyPress())
Thanks again for the responses