webtable Data event, get text from a specific row

webtable Data event, get text from a specific row

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
i try to iterate in a row from a webtable event DATA, but i noted that in
svn the class seems are not develop

this based on documentation that said "this wymbol has not found" when i
visit the wiki for it!

https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/code/HEAD/tree/gambas/trunk/comp/src/gb.web.form/.src/WebTable/WebTableData.class

the event and related are not comlete develop or how i can get text of a
specific row?

Re: webtable Data event, get text from a specific row

Tobias Boege-2
On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:

> i try to iterate in a row from a webtable event DATA, but i noted that in
> svn the class seems are not develop
>
> this based on documentation that said "this wymbol has not found" when i
> visit the wiki for it!
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/code/HEAD/tree/gambas/trunk/comp/src/gb.web.form/.src/WebTable/WebTableData.class
>
> the event and related are not comlete develop or how i can get text of a
> specific row?

I don't know for sure what Benoit intends to do with it, but in its current
scope the file you linked is completely developed. You get the "symbol not
found" error because it is not documented (yet). WebTableData is a class
used in only one direction: for the WebTable to query *you* for the data
it is going to display.

As for

> how i can get text of a specific row?

You can't. WebTable does not store any data. It feels like I just explained
this last week [1]. Virtually all widgets in gb.web.form do only two things:
they render themselves as HTML and handle user interaction by receiving
messages and sending responses in Javascript. When the WebTable is rendered,
it determines which rows and columns it needs to show (depending on the
current state of its scrollbars) and raises a series of Data events to ask
you for the data you want to put into these cells. The data you provide is
then baked into an HTML <table> and sent to the browser. It is not saved and
there is no way for you to get it back out of the WebTable. But since you
should have a method to answer the WebTable's Data queries, you should be
able to get your row data the same way, no?

If you want to get anyhwere with gb.web.form I strongly advise to read its
source code.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/mailman/message/35732049/

Re: webtable Data event, get text from a specific row

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
i reading .. and makes sense due its a web filosofy (request/response), due
its a rendered task, make it on the fly..

but by now its quite complicated translate to spanish.. in the mail linked,
u paste an example, i'll try to do that and then try to explain in spanish
..